Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Is the Z06 a daily driver?

Tony1Leo

Corvette
2017 Grand Sport
I would like to know if the Z06 is a daily driver? I'm about to move up to the C7 and was considering the Z06. I drive my C6 everyday rather it's going to the gym or across the country. It's a 2007 with 90,000 miles and I have only had minor problems with it. I'm not a racer, but I will punch it or hit a curvy mountain road hard occasionally. Can I drive a Z06 everyday like this?

Also, when they say a car is not a daily driver, what exactly do they mean? What causes a car to fall in the category of "not a daily driver"?

Tony

I would like to know if the Z06 is a daily driver? I'm about to move up to the C7 and was considering the Z06. I drive my C6 everyday rather it's going to the gym or across the country. It's a 2007 with 90,000 miles and I have only had minor problems with it. I'm not a racer, but I will punch it or hit a curvy mountain road hard occasionally. Can I drive a Z06 everyday like this?

Also, when they say a car is not a daily driver, what exactly do they mean? What causes a car to fall in the category of "not a daily driver"?

Tony

Drive both and then decide. I went from a C6 Z06 and had to force myself to stop using it as a daily driver. Now my C7 Z06 is the same way. And one thing I did find out that corvettes don't melt when driven in the rain ! :thumb

Z06

I have the same Z06 as JOV, even to the color. I refuse to make my car a "garage queen" I've got another car and a truck so my Vette doesn't get a lot of miles on it but it's driven almost every day. I definitely consider it a car that can be driven as a daily driver.

I think the C7 ZO6 could be used as a daily driver. Even if I owned one, it would not be since I am retired and don't drive any of my cars daily now. Too bad.

When I worked, I drove my CTS V mostly and my 427 Vette some. Now both have about the same miles on them and both are still driven - just depends on where I'm going and what I need to haul with me.

Neither of these cars work well in the white stuff we get here in OK in the winter primarily due to the summer high performance tires on them. Both have Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires - the same tires that come on the 'regular' ZO6.

Like my CTS V, the C7 ZO6 is supercharged and will get less gas mileage than a Stingray with the non-blown motor. That may be a consideration when daily driving the ZO6.

Like my CTS V, the C7 ZO6 is supercharged and will get less gas mileage than a Stingray with the non-blown motor. That may be a consideration when daily driving the ZO6.

"Screw" type superchargers are well known for their low end torque and aren't known for their economy. I believe the LT4 makes over 450 ft-lb a bit above idle which is a characteristic of the screw type. A good hint of why fuel economy is less. ;)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom