Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Is there anything really new?

BigRed

Corvette
1985 Bright Red Rocket
Ive been out of the "mix" for awhile so Hello and Merry Christmas/Happy new year.

My question is there going to be anything REALLY different that sets this Vette aside from all the other same classed sports cars out there?

Is there any thought of a AWD?
Are they ever going to go back to OHC setups?
Is the Transmission rear mounted?
Are the brakes dual or four pistioned?

Interior: Is there really anything that will set this one aside like accenting or tech stuff?

Reason Im asking, the Mustang, XLR, The Jags, etc.. all have something that makes them THEM.

The 05 Mustang is IMO a refreshing change with beautiful design in and out with outstanding power ideas including SUPERCHARGERS as well as the Jag's.

The XLR is supposed to be like the same concept as the Vette but If they build the interior anything like the STS and DTS I think it will send the XLR ahead of the Vette.

Is GM going to just send out another RWD, basic interior, with pushrod's and not look back or for that matter AHEAD!

I do like the Red C6 pictures Ive seen yes but for me Its going to take alot more than a retrofitted C5 to buzz me.

Actually I was looking at the car fairly close today and it almost looks like a early C4 and a C5 cross with Buick/Olds door handles from the early 90's. Its nice but does it justify the price?

I wish Chevy would add some more tech and more pizzaz to the car but I still think that they've made a complete package that can't be rivaled for the money.

That and they are still the only plastic car out there. . . :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom