Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Is This Door Panel Light Oak

Corvette
71 Conv. (Sold) / 98 Pewter Coupe (Sold)
Thinking of changing the door panels and carpet when I replace my seat covers. I think this is Light Oak but I don't have a point of reference. The guy selling it lists it as tan but that's not the real color. Can anyone out there who has Light Oak tell me if this looks like it?
doorpanel.jpg

Thanks,

It does look like my light oak door panel. It is often hard to see colors correctly in pictures.

Yup, looks like my light oak...

Thanks guys! I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on it. The guy is selling both panels and the glove box door. Now all I need is the knee bolster thing aroung the steering wheel. I don't know if I'm going to worry about the door sill pieces, I may leave them black and see how it looks. . Now I guess I just have to go order the Vette Essentials seats:upthumbs!

- Eric:w

Be sure and post some picture when you're finished!
Will do, but it may take me a little while to get everything together. Here's everything I'm replacing/repairing/upgrading:
lumbar bladders on the driver's seat
carpet (changing to light oak)
parking brake boot (2-tone)
console lid skin
door pulls
seat skins (2-tone)
seat foam
door panels
glove box
knee bolster
installing ipod controller
roof halo weatherstrip
steering wheel (2-tone)
HUD conversion

I think that should do it:Wbut I'm leaving out a few things that are on my list but it's downstairs and I'm feeling lazy:D! Anyhow, I'm picking up pieces as I find and can afford, then once I have them all I'll spend a couple weekends putting it all together. I plan to document everything, especially the sport seat bladder repair since I haven't seen anyone do a pictorial of that yet.

Will do, but it may take me a little while to get everything together. Here's everything I'm replacing/repairing/upgrading:
lumbar bladders on the driver's seat
carpet (changing to light oak)
parking brake boot (2-tone)
console lid skin
door pulls
seat skins (2-tone)
seat foam
door panels
glove box
knee bolster
installing ipod controller
roof halo weatherstrip
steering wheel (2-tone)
HUD conversion

I think that should do it:Wbut I'm leaving out a few things that are on my list but it's downstairs and I'm feeling lazy:D! Anyhow, I'm picking up pieces as I find and can afford, then once I have them all I'll spend a couple weekends putting it all together. I plan to document everything, especially the sport seat bladder repair since I haven't seen anyone do a pictorial of that yet.

Eric, have you ordered your VE seats yet? I've seen several guys with DJ motorsports seats and they are impressive...especially for the cost. Check them out.

DJ Motorsport Accessories : Leather Interiors

I got mine from a eBay vendor who was headed to Bloomington Gold last year. I love'em! By the way, I agree with everyone, that is light oak. I have some experience in the matter... :D

interior_1.jpg

interior_2.jpg

interior_3.jpg

interior_4.jpg

interior_5.jpg

interior_6.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom