Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Review: Is this Forum moderated?

1970 LS-5

Corvette
1970 LS-5
It's disconcerting to see numerous threads littered with personal attacks, insults and vitriol.

Why aren't these posts immediately removed?

Is there a site policy about inappropriate content?

I like the site's concept (a supportive community to share knowledge about Corvettes), but with all of the negative posts I'm inclined to stop visiting.

Last edited:
If you look on the left, you'll see that we banned him months ago. We chose to leave some of his threads behind due to the information posted by other members...

I think the entire site is very well moderated.

Keeping in mind that the entire purpose of the internet is sharing pictures of kitties and arguing with strangers (and sometimes simultaneously) it's almost impossible to consistently get the moderation part of it perfect. I can think of at least one other Corvette site where it's frequently out of balance. :beer

I think the entire site is very well moderated.

Keeping in mind that the entire purpose of the internet is sharing pictures of kitties and arguing with strangers (and sometimes simultaneously) it's almost impossible to consistently get the moderation part of it perfect. I can think of at least one other Corvette site where it's frequently out of balance. :beer

:thumb

After reading through several of his threads/posts, I understand why some were annoyed by the banned member's posts.

But what stands out to me is the reaction by some of the others. Keeping or deleting these posts is a judgment call, but think about the first impression they leave for first time visitors.

One of the ways to deal with problematic posts, personal attacks and so forth is to "report" posts. At the bottom of each post, there is a triangle shape. Clicking on this allows users to report issues.

Going from memory, in the case of that particular individual, I don't think we received any reports whatsoever. Not from the individual in question or those who disagreed with him. A few of us volunteers on the moderation team, including myself, noted the conflicts and ultimately the decision was made to ban the source of issues.

If you do see any current issues that trouble you, please either hit the report button or reach out to any of the moderators via Private Message.

Mac

I don't remember any either, Mac. And yes, we were there the whole time.......:thumb

Rob, if you don't mind, I'm going to copy/paste something you posted in a link we had about that certain person. Might be a good thing if we all read it every now and then...especially the last three paragraphs.

Your use of the forums, message boards, and any other public discussion medium (collectively, the "Forums") hosted by the Corvette Action Center indicates your acceptance of the Corvette Action Center privacy policy, those terms found on the registration page and in this Acceptable Use Policy ("AUP"). This AUP can be modified at any time, and your continued use of the Forums indicates your acceptance of the modified terms that can be found on this page.

Please remember that the open and real-time nature of these Forums makes it is impossible for us to vouch for the validity of any content posted. As such, we are not responsible for any messages posted nor the consequences of following any advice offered within Forum posts. The views expressed in the posts you will find in these forums belong solely to their respective authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Corvette Action Center, its affiliates, and/or sponsors. If you find any posts in these Forums to be offensive or objectionable, please contact us to notify us of the posts in question. If we determine that removal of a post or posts is necessary, we will make reasonable efforts to do so in a timely manner.

By using these Forums, you agree to the following:

1. You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate.
  2. You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harrass, threaten, nor attack anyone via posting, private messages or the Forums mail system.
  3. You will not use profanity in our forums, and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content. The Administration reserves the right to edit any posts and remove any content that they deem offensive.
  4. You will respect other people's right to personal privacy and will not post any other person's identifying information (other than what is already found in their member profile) within the forum but your own.
  5. You will not use these forums to violate any laws nor to discuss illegal activities (including street racing).
  6. You will not impersonate any person or entity, forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any posting, nor collect or store personal data about other users.
  7. You will not use these Forums for the purposes of sharing or distributing viruses, licenses, registration information, software keys, "cracks," or other information designed to do harm to or allow unlawful access to any computer hardware, software, networks, or any other systems.
  8. You will not post advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or solicitations, all of which are inappropriate and prohibited in the Forums.
  9. You will not post messages that are clearly outside of the stated topic of any Forums nor disrupt a forum by deliberately posting repeated irrelevant messages or copies of identical messages (also known as "flooding"). Downright stupid and blatantly wasteful comments and posts, as judged by the administration, will be removed.
  10. You will not attempt to access any protected sections of the sites or Forums, nor make use of any hacks, cracks, bug exploits, etc. to bypass or modify the features of the forum software on the Corvette Action Center site.
  11. You will, if asked by a representative of the Forums, cease posting any content, and/or links to content, deemed offensive, objectionable, or in poor taste by the administration of the Forums.

At all times, you remain solely responsible for anything found within your posts and agree to indemnify and hold CorvetteActionCenter.com (the Corvette Action Center) and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, co-branders or other partners, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of any material you submit, post to or transmit through the Forums, your use of the Forums, your connection to the Forums, your violation of the AUP, legal notice, or privacy policy, or your violation of the rights of another.

These Forums do not and cannot review all of the content of every message posted and do not accept responsibility for the contents of any messages. We reserve the right to delete any message in our Forums for any reason whatsoever. Should you continue to post messages that violate the rules of the Forums, your account may be terminated, your access to the Forums may be banned, and your service provider(s) may be contacted about your behavior. Furthermore, we expressly reserve our rights under the law to take any other actions we deem necessary.

We at these Forums also reserve the right to disclose personal information when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the edicts of the law or comply with a legal process served on CorvetteActionCenter.com, protect and defend the rights or property of the Corvette Action Center, or visitors to CorvetteActionCenter.com, identify persons who may be violating the law, the legal notice, or the rights of third parties, and cooperate with the investigations of purported unlawful activities.

FWIW, I am or have been a member of probably 20-25 different forums ranging from town/locality to dogs, cars(other than vettes), power equipment, contract discussions, etc..and this forum is by far one of the better moderated forums I've been on. Perfect balance of letting some things go with a warning, to cutting the cord when someone acts the fool. Anyone that has a problem with the moderation of this forum really should consider getting off the net.

FWIW, I am or have been a member of probably 20-25 different forums ranging from town/locality to dogs, cars(other than vettes), power equipment, contract discussions, etc..and this forum is by far one of the better moderated forums I've been on. Perfect balance of letting some things go with a warning, to cutting the cord when someone acts the fool. Anyone that has a problem with the moderation of this forum really should consider getting off the net.

I think I speak for all of us here, in saying "Thank you". That is a very high complement.

Thank you Otter! :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom