Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Is this ROAD RAGE at its ultimate?

JonM

Corvette
84 Coupe
This nut Robbie Gordon stanting out on the track with cars zooming by him throws his helmet at Waltrip at Sat. Nascar Sylvania 300. :L

attachment.php

JonM said:
This nut Robbie Gordon stanting out on the track with cars zooming by him throws his helmet at Waltrip at Sat. Nascar Sylvania 300. :L

attachment.php

I thought he was taking up a collection for a new car...............

I think that he was getting a headstart on collecting for his $35K fine.

Its funny his sponsor "Jim Beam" got more coverage and publicity from his fit of rage than they did when they sponsored this years Indy 500 winner.

:w

At least it made for some "action".
I don't know what it is but honestly can't watch a minute of Nascar.
Don't they fall asleep going round and round?
I prefer F1

Can someone explain to me the Chase to the cup format? I always thought whoever had the most points at the end of the season was the champ? Seems that this Chase format has turned Nascar into the WWE.

:beer

Hi JonM -

It was during a yellow and the cars were inching by him - not a high speed event.

He got in the way and either tried to muscle w off the track, or just plain was not aware - either way, it was his fault entirely.

He should be suspended for a few races for his childish behaviour.

Whatta crybaby.

He called W a piece of sh*t on live tv during the race. Great for the kids.

:eyerole:eyerole:eyerole:eyerole:eyerole:eyerole:eyerole:eyerole:eyerole

best regards -

mqqn

PLRX787 said:
That was childish and unprofessional.:puke
Maybe!! But the Helmet Brought more than 8 mil. for Katrina Rel.:w junk!!

MoeJr said:
Can someone explain to me the Chase to the cup format? I always thought whoever had the most points at the end of the season was the champ? Seems that this Chase format has turned Nascar into the WWE.

:beer

Yea kinda MoeJr ... they did it to make the end of the season more exciting. In the past there were champions that had such a lead that the last couple of races they didn't have to race ... just ride around and finish. That and some teams would enter extra cars, then after the race started the extras would pull into pit road and drop out of the race to ensure their team-mate finished better than dead last.

Basically the race for the chase is the first 26 races. Score all the points you can. After that the top ten in points or anybody within 400 points of the leader made it to the chase. For the last ten races the points are given out the same but the only ones that really matter are the 10 or so drivers that made the Chase. So it doesn't really matter, the 10 or so drivers that are IN are really racing each other.

Hopefully that makes sence. Best way I can describe it.

gmjunkie said:
Maybe!! But the Helmet Brought more than 8 mil. for Katrina Rel.:w junk!!

Really? Did they auction it on E-Bay or something?

This picture tells you all you need to know about why Robbie Gordon has lost every seat he's ever had, in-spite of his talent:

attachment.php

wait until his current owner gets tired of his act, and tries to fire him from the #7 Jim Beam Shiverlay.....

Hrtbeat1 said:
Basically the race for the chase is the first 26 races. Score all the points you can. After that the top ten in points or anybody within 400 points of the leader made it to the chase.
For the last ten races the points are given out the same but the only ones that really matter are the 10 or so drivers that made the Chase.
So it doesn't really matter, the 10 or so drivers that are IN are really racing each other.
Something you didn't mention is the fact that the 10 (or-more ) qualifiers are bunched-up only 5 points apart per-position to begin the final 10 race "Chase-to-the-Cup", with the point leader automatically bumped-up to 5000 points, 2nd-place to 4995, etc., so the lead (150+, I believe ) that Tony Stewart earned over the first 26 races is almost wiped-out.....

Glensgages said:
This picture tells you all you need to know about why Robbie Gordon has lost every seat he's ever had, in-spite of his talent:
wait until his current owner gets tired of his act, and tries to fire him from the #7 Jim Beam Shiverlay.....

May be kind of hard to fire him, he owns the team......his sponsor may have had enuff by now though....

I heard Waltrip signed the helmet and they put it back up for auction after ebay pulled it at 10 million. Not sure what they got for it this weekend.

The guy is a good all around driver but I don't think NASCAR is his sport. He needs to stick to off road or open wheel....he is great on road courses, sucks on ovals.....

68Roadster said:
May be kind of hard to fire him, he owns the team......
..... I knew that.
;)

Heard it brought $51,000. on another charity website......

After all his stunts I think he's gonna be drinkin' his sponsors product after this year....

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom