Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Is this true?

tcz062

Corvette
01 Z06/92ZR1/95LT1
I spoke with a "zr1 expert" the other day. I was told he believes the 1990 to 1995 cars wil be going up in value by about 10% per year over the next 5 years. He said now that the economy is showing signs of recovery most of the collectable cars will start to rebound, but the ZR1's will be one of the leaders.

Thoughts

I haven't seen any increase as of yet but if any C4 will go up faster than the standard ones it will be the GSs then the ZR1s as the GS was a 1 year only. It's going to be about 2065 befor most C4s are worth putting C1 or C2 restoration size dollars into.

I think, other than unique cars, ie: very low mileage in pristine condition or cars with some special history, your "zr1 expert" is wildly optimistic, especially if he was including the 90s and 91s.

The first 2nd Gen ZR-1s to begin to appreciate significantly will be the 92-95s which were built in much smaller quantities than the 90s and 91s.

Thanks for the thoughts. I find it interesting on how many different opinions there are on the subject and how the market helps determine the value on some of the collector cars.

I haven't seen any increase as of yet but if any C4 will go up faster than the standard ones it will be the GSs then the ZR1s as the GS was a 1 year only. It's going to be about 2065 befor most C4s are worth putting C1 or C2 restoration size dollars into.

GrandSports are already over priced,just how much more can they got up?I could care less if ZR-1s go up or not,mines not for sale!

Ask the expert how many he's bought lately, to re-sell once the values begin to rise hmmm???

Tell him that you're aware that snowfall futures began trading on the CME in 2006, as well as some other weather-event futures :eyerole , but you're not aware of C4ZR1 futures with an IPO of any sort... (at least, I'm not aware of any, but I know nuthin' - see sig).

Also ask if his predictions are for entertainment purposes only... ;)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom