Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

It's 8:00 am, do you know?

65-to-00

Do you know where your keys are?

The wheel lock key! For those of us who bought a used Vette and never gave a second thought to the keys, of course till you need tires this is one call that you don't want to get.

They searched the whole car before they gave me a call and even found the original lug nuts ... but no key.

Why am I always on the back side of the learning curve? :ugh

So ..... get out there now and take a look. Don't mind me, I'm just busy putting my mechanics kid through Harvard.

:bash What? Me worry?

Mine is in it's "cubby". On the right side of the trunk, between the depresions, there is a "slot" for it. Might pull up the carpet & check for yours.

That's where they found the original lugs .. all neat n' tidy in a baggie. ;squint:

WHAT wheel lock key? First I've heard of this and I've bought tires!

:W
Signed,
Clueless

I keep mine in the case that holds my portable compressor and the tire plugs. I keep all that in the small compartment on right side of the trunk along with two small towels and hand soap bottle.

I have my wife to be thankfull too for being this prepared. Personaly I'm more like you when it comes to riding the back end of a learning curve :D .

On the left side of my trunk, between the main (large center), compartment and the smaller one .... under the small hatch but between (not in), I located a slight recession and there was a plain dark grey socket.

Now I'm wondering if that was "the key", or a socket they bought to remove the wheels?

Cost me two hours of labor for them to break the locks off!

I was 70 miles out of town when I got the call so there wasn't much I could do at the monent.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom