Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

It's Getting Closer!!!

Ghost

Corvette
2012 Supersonic Blue Grand Sport
Called my sales guy today for an update... he tells me the "target production date" for the new Ghost Machine was yesterday, 7/24.......

Still no VIN assigned yet.... Sheeesh, I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve....

It would be really hard not to take a road trip up to the Assembly Plant, in hopes of seeing it going through the line. Or even just being able to say "I'm sure one of those was mine".

I'm excited for you.

Ghost,
You have my sympathy but trust me, it will be worth the wait!
Now those 500 break in miles at no more than 55 mph are gonna kick your butt!

Congrats!

68Roadster said:

I'm happy for you Ghost, but you are doing better than me. My atomic orange machine hasn't even got a build date yet. Man time moves SLOW!!!

jhecox said:
I'm happy for you Ghost, but you are doing better than me. My atomic orange machine hasn't even got a build date yet. Man time moves SLOW!!!

Maybe you guys should form a support group!

Corvette Ordered Recently VIN Expected Time to Target Estimated

(I do feel for ya if it's any consolation)

:_rock Congrats!

And start gathering all the C6 information you can now, cuz when it is gone, its gone!

It sure would be nice to get to play with my new toy BEFORE Christmas.

Ghost said:
Called my sales guy today for an update... he tells me the "target production date" for the new Ghost Machine was yesterday, 7/24.......

Ghost, heres some good news. I ordered the exact same car today so yours will arrive before mine!!!!!!!!!

Greenie said:
Ghost, heres some good news. I ordered the exact same car today so yours will arrive before mine!!!!!!!!!

I ordered a coupe... Did you order a vert? Your info says roadster...

I toyed with the idea of ordering a red interior as i like red/black combos, but without ever seeing the red interior, I went with the black/ebony combo....

Man, it's hard waiting. Everwhere I turn, I'm eyeballin' a C6.........

Ooops, sorry, I see that's your 2000.....

This is my first Corvette. I've always been a hot rod/sports car guy and have always lusted after the corvette. It's finally a dream come true...

Salesman called me today. IT'S SHIPPED!!! :D No ETA yet...

He's telling me he can't get the invoice price yet... (Riiighhhttt...) I gave HIM the prices off of this site and edmunds and he wonders where I got my info... Dayum, now I'm REALLY excited...

Ghost said:
Salesman called me today. IT'S SHIPPED!!!

That's great news! What are you looking at for the 3LT? Around $56,000?

My dealer called me last Fri. to tell me that GM still has a constraint on the atomic orange. So I still don't have a build date on my 3LT yet.

Go walk it through the line;be the first one to start it up.Museum delivery?It is a great experience they treat you like you own the place.My presenter was Kelly Boca,could not have been any better!!!Save the :w !!!

jhecox said:
That's great news! What are you looking at for the 3LT? Around $56,000?

My dealer called me last Fri. to tell me that GM still has a constraint on the atomic orange. So I still don't have a build date on my 3LT yet.

I got a great deal on this Vette. A co-workers' father is in the car biz... So I made a deal for $1,000 over invoice. So I'm paying about 46K...

UPDATE!: It has arrived at the dealership this afternoon. Now the dealership is out of state, so it's headed my way on Sat.....

That's too bad on the Atomic Orange. Why would it be constrained, I wonder?

Ghost said:
I got a great deal on this Vette. A co-workers' father is in the car biz... So I made a deal for $1,000 over invoice. So I'm paying about 46K...

UPDATE!: It has arrived at the dealership this afternoon. Now the dealership is out of state, so it's headed my way on Sat.....

That's too bad on the Atomic Orange. Why would it be constrained, I wonder?

That's a great price!!! Bet you won't be able to sleep from now till Sat.

Don't know why they are not selling any atomic orange. Guess it's because it's a new color for this year and maybe they are still having a problem with it???

I stopped at Kerbecks in Atlantic City on Sunday and they have a new atomic orange 2007 sitting among all the other new 2007's that they have already received. So they are being built and delivered. I wonder why they told you that you would have a delay on yours?? It is a nice color, but I like the color of my DSOM better. Good luck and I am sure you both will be totally thrilled with your new C6's when they arrive. Welcome to the C6 family.

UPDATE:

Papers and funds have been FedEx'ed and exchanged, but I don't think it's gonna make it on the truck for shipment to me tomorrow. For some reason the dealer is nervous about the sight draft. He wants to (understandably) make sure the funds are there before he releases the car to the trucking company.... Intellectually I understand it, but it's no less frustrating... I explained to him that I bought my current vehicle this way and drove it off the lot.... It seems like punishment for not using their financing... The trucking company is holding a slot on the truck for me too.... *sigh*

ANYWAY, my man on the scene has been supervising the prep of the the new Ghost Machine and he informs me that it looks beautiful. Sheesh, it's hard waiting.... :W

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom