Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Its not an ultimate garage....yet !

Corvette
1985 Coupe /1977 L82 Coupe / 1971 Red Coupe
Its a start though. :upthumbs :D :D :D :D

Ithasbegan.jpg

Looks like your starting from the ground up. :)

I could live a happy life if i had that much space, not to mention money enough to build a garage that big.

I could live a happy life if i had that much space, not to mention money enough to build a garage that big.

Me too :boogie :beer I have waited on this to start for a year now.

I am excited about Funfest but they are pouring the walls Friday and I really wanted to be here for that too....

Oh, that's gonna be good.
Take pics at every step and post 'em here :beer

Can't wait to see the finished product.

Oh, that's gonna be good.
Take pics at every step and post 'em here :beer

Can't wait to see the finished product.

I will but i sure hope you are patient. I have almost no nails left :eek:hnoes It should be almost complete in spring 2008 :L

Here is a link to more pics.

More Pics

Here is the floor ready to pour. More to come soon ! Each one of those squares will hold a Corvette!
Aprox. 13' X 10 ' each give or take a couple inches.

Garage022.jpg

Scott,

That's incredible. I wish we could build on our property. Our darn HOA won't allow any structure larger than a 10' x 12' shed.

When do you expect to be under roof? Very nice.

Ralph

Scott,

That's incredible. I wish we could build on our property. Our darn HOA won't allow any structure larger than a 10' x 12' shed.

When do you expect to be under roof? Very nice.

Ralph

Thats terrible, I am as big as I can go here. I have about 4 to 6 inches to play with size wise here. :L

Under roof in early 2008. We are building as we can without borrowing any money from the man :L

Right now we seem to almost be out of the federal green. :eek:hnoes

I have a few more pic.s to come before we have to stop for a while ;)

:w:w:wHey Scott, you sure have made progress since I saw it last. All that was down was the orange stripes on the gravel. Looking good man. Good luck on the continuation of the project. :upthumbs Scott :beer

:w:w:wHey Scott, you sure have made progress since I saw it last. All that was down was the orange stripes on the gravel. Looking good man. Good luck on the continuation of the project. :upthumbs Scott :beer

Thanks Scott, I think I have aged a few years with it so far. :bash

It's coming together though. :D :beer

Scott.....lookinnnnnnnn GOOOOOOOOOOOOD!
Andy

Scott,

I just saw this thread for the first time. You're going to have lots of great workspace.

- are you stopping for the winter?
- if yes, will you cover it with anything for the winter?
- how deep are the footings?
- how did you decide on poured walls as opposed to concrete block?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'll soon be building another one for myself.

:w

Scott,

I just saw this thread for the first time. You're going to have lots of great workspace.

- are you stopping for the winter?
- if yes, will you cover it with anything for the winter?
- how deep are the footings?
- how did you decide on poured walls as opposed to concrete block?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'll soon be building another one for myself.

:w

Hi Bob !:w

First of all I am stopping due to lack of funding.:L I should be able to start back up in early January.
I sealed the whole thing inside and out with water proofing concrete sealer so winter should not be a problem, especially since we probably will not have really bad weather until I start back working on it again :L

The footings are spread footers 2 ft deep and about 18" to 2 ft wide.
The poured wall is because I am trying to exact match my house so it doesn't look like I added a garage.

Questions are always good, thats how I get my information is asking questions!

looks good Scott, what are the dimentions?

If it means anything I finally have mine about finished it only took 10 years working in spurts ;LOL

Now its insulated and painted on the inside; not a garagemahal but a working shop, plain but functional.

once you get the walls and roof up you can take your time doing the inside.

looks good Scott, what are the dimentions?

If it means anything I finally have mine about finished it only took 10 years working in spurts ;LOL

Now its insulated and painted on the inside; not a garagemahal but a working shop, plain but functional.

once you get the walls and roof up you can take your time doing the inside.
Hi Craig :w

It is 40 x 40

2 16 ft doors and one walk in , hip roof just like the house . No posts inside! Should have about a 9 1/2 foot finished ceiling height.

I hope to have it dried in by end of January, then the fun really begins. I will just be glad to see it standing.

Thanks for the earlier answers, Scott. A few more please.

- how much grade change across the building? 1-foot? 2-feet?

- any drainage issues, and if so, what will you do?

- with my limited construction experience (built a 20' x 20' garage from the foundation up), I was only aware of two approaches. a) The engineered slab approach, or b) below-frostline footings and concrete formed or block wall followed by a poured floor. Is your design a modification of the two or something else?

:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom