Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Just bought my 2nd corvette

C

CraigRudd

I found a real deal last saturday on a 1976 L82 4 speed corvette.
$2800 Canadian,
It needs some interior work and the differental has a problem other than that only need to paint it and I'm up and running.
Check out my web site for the pics.

http://pages.infinit.net/vette79/index.htm

Congrats!

Sounds like you tripped across a great deal! Wish we could all fall into deals like that!
Sil

Doesn't look too bad in the pictures Craig. For what you paid you can easily afford to do the paint and repairs. Congrats on a good find.

Tom

Not bad :D A little work and you may have something. Judging from the hood and the air filter, I would bet it was driven hard, was not a sunday cruiser :D

tom...

Craig,
Great find! Do you have any websites for vette classifieds in Canada? I am so close to the border I have given it a few thoughts lately. The exchange rate seems to make it worth the hassle of bringing it over.
Scott

Nice site Craig. The '69 and '79 on page 3 are both interesting cars.

Tom

Great link! Thanks RJ. I have found a few prospects. Now I just need to check into the requirements to bring one back over the border. ;help
Scott

And whatever you do...........

Don't repaint it PURPLE! :puke Otherwise, :_rock .

I'm planing on candy apple red metalic with black interior,
I've found two other 76 vettes and I'm currently bargaining with the owner to be able to purchase them for parts.
One is in real bad shape except for the interior.

Craig :beer

OMG! Why do I always hear about these knock-your-socks-off deals afterwards?:L:L I've heard of people paying that much for a parts car. You lucky dog!

- Eric :w

Just painted the vette

Well here's the 76 vette all nice and shined up after I painted it.
I used 5 costs of base coat and 5 clear coats then wet sanded with 1000, 1500 & 2000 grit paper. Then I polished with a high speed polisher.

I've attached a picture.
If the picture doesn't attached go to my web page and you'll be able to see the before and after.

http://pages.infinit.net/vette79/1976_vette.htm

Craig

Beautiful paint job

I remember those before pictures Craig. Hard to imagine it's the same car. Excellent work. You should be proud of it.

Tom

Nice paint; nice hood!

Hell, I even liked the purple!

Beautiful in green and very nice job!

:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom