Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Just got a Ertl 68 Baldwin Motion die cast

Lucy64

Corvette
1964 Red Convertible and 2005 DSOM Z51 Coupe
This past weekend during a nice cruise in my 64 in the Blue Ridge I stopped at a little country store. They had a great collection of die cast cars for sale. Of all places to have what must have been over 100 cars for sale, an old country store. I bought a car (for only $44) I have never seen in die cast before. It is a 1968 Baldwin Motion Phase III Corvette. It is in blue and white and the box says limited edition 1 or 5000. Awesome detail and a great additon to my collection. Has anyone seen one of these collectables before?

XLR8

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
2003 AE Convertible, 1998 LCRM Convertible
Lucy64 said:
This past weekend during a nice cruise in my 64 in the Blue Ridge I stopped at a little country store. They had a great collection of die cast cars for sale. Of all places to have what must have been over 100 cars for sale, an old country store. I bought a car (for only $44) I have never seen in die cast before. It is a 1968 Baldwin Motion Phase III Corvette. It is in blue and white and the box says limited edition 1 or 5000. Awesome detail and a great additon to my collection. Has anyone seen one of these collectables before?

No... and I'd love to see it! Can you post pix?

Scale?

:w Hane Ann

Ripp 73

Corvette
1973 L82 Blue Coupe
That is really nice looking. Looks like you found a good buy. I've been thinking about starting a collection... I need some sort of hobby till I get another 1:1 scale version.

ert33389bg.jpg

Lucy64

Corvette
1964 Red Convertible and 2005 DSOM Z51 Coupe
I have seen alot of the Camaros but I have only seen a few of the Vettes over the years. I was in York Pennsylvania a few years ago for the York US 30 Dragway reunion and that was by far the largest collection of Motion cars I have ever seen in one place. I had a 70 Z/28 Camaro in the mid 70's that I had painted the Phase III paint design in the white with blue. I love the tail stripes and stripe down the roof and hood. I also had the 'v' stripe down the side like the Phase III Camaros had. One of the great cars I owned that I let get away, but we all have those stories.

XLR8

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
2003 AE Convertible, 1998 LCRM Convertible
Cool! Thanks for the link and the photo.

I have a collection of 1:18 Corvettes that I've run out of room to display. I've even thought of selling some on eBay but I can't choose a single one I'm willing to let go! :L

:w Jane Ann

SebringBill

Corvette
1957 #3143; 1997 #0993
67HEAVEN said:
Neat.

I saw several of the real thing in 1968 when I visited Mecca (Motion Performance), Sunrise Highway, Baldwin, Long Island, NY.

I grew up three blocks from Motion. (Wish I still had my tee shirt and key fob that I got for sweeping up sometimes!)

Low drag - High speed

Corvette
1995 and 1984 Red Coupes and grey 2007 GMC Sierra
I found an odd little toy store in a factory outlet mall ... they have the most bizarre die-casts all the time. A couple 1-18 Corvettes I picked up there were the original open-top Gran Sport race car, a Z06 with a high-rise hood, race stripes and bling wheels, a red '55 with the small-block V8, and a '63 split.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom