Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Just put my first Maisto together!!!

Edmond

Corvette
2003 Z06
It's a 2001 Millenium Yellow Z06 1:18 scale. When I started the project, I said to myself, "I'll be done with this in half an hour." It actually took me 2 hours to do it because (like the majority of men) I kind of made my own directions on putting it together!:L

This was really addicting and I see myself getting more of them in the future. I wanted a 96 Grand Sport and checked out eBay but they were too expensive for a first-timer.

Next on my list:

69 Chavelle
Muscle car Mustang
A Shark!!!

yeah, i never take 5 minutes to read insturctions, and end up losing 5 hours because if it :L you should of seen me try to put together lego castles when i was like 9 :L

Where do ya get those models you have to build? i wanna check out the GS... how much does it cost?

Oh Yes, They Are!!!

I'm in the proces now of trying to duplicate my 62 with an Ertl 1/18. I have the Cragars on it, painting the top black is no problem, it's making the L88 hood scoop that I'm stuck on. I even have a "donor" car to play with. I'm going to measure up some of my others and see if I can't come close with ine that already has the scoop in the hood and fitting that to the 62.

Justin,

I think the GS was a Franklin Mint. They were selling for more than $100 on eBay!

holy crap! that is expensive... i thought these things were like 15 bucks.

Edmond said:
Justin,

I think the GS was a Franklin Mint. They were selling for more than $100 on eBay!

The GS is American Muscle or ERTL , the reason there so expsnsive (I paid around $100.00 for mine) was that there were never released to stores. there were given away as a promotional item by the manufacturer at a toy fair back when they came out. the only people who get into these type of things, were store owners, distributors and sales reps

I've got right @ 20 1/18ths, the most expensive was the 78 Pace Car. Cost me right @ $125 by the time I got her shipped and insured off e-bay. I've seen some 78 Pace Car's go for over $200 on e-bay.

My next most expensive purchases off e-bay, the 93 Anniv. ZR-1, then 98 Pace Car and then the 95 Pace Car. I got the 03 Pace Car pretty cheap.

It's very addictive !

I'm currently l@@king for a Yellow 86 Pace Car. I've been told they were not made in 1/18th scale. If anyone knows where I can get 1 please let me know.

Thanks,
6 Shooter

6 Shooter,

Thats quite an impressive list you've got going there. I just gave the Z06 away to a friend. I would really like a Grand Sport because it's so distinct, but I can't see myself parting with $100+ at this point right now.

I really want a Mini Cooper and that may be next on the list.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom