Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

"just to make sure" carb question

like2drive

Corvette
1981 beige
have a "81 w/computer controlled quadrajet carb. I would like to disconnect the computer but then I would have to get another carb, right? Because the mixture (rich-lean) is determined by the computer via the mixture control solenoid, right?
If this is correct, would the Eldebrock 1903 be a good replacement?
Come on! I "KNOW" you'uns have the answers! thanks in advance, jim

PS: also, I've read on another thread that when changing from an automatic trans. to a manual (which I recently did), the computer would requre a different PROM....anyone got any wonderful news here?

I believe you are Right on both counts ;) (ECM control and prom difference between automatic's and 4-speed), as for the Eldebrock 1903 ... I'm not sure, I suggest look up stingray6974 (Mike's) profile and either PM or Email him with your specific questions ;)

Bud

Rare81

I'm very glad to see you here! If my memory :ugh serves me right, you moved last year and I'd given up on hearing from you again. Good to see you here again! and thank you very much for your valued answer.:_rock jim

Change Carb

I replaced my computer controlled carb earlier this year with a rebuilt non-computer quadrajet. I also replaced the distributor with a non-computer controlled HEI. It made the car come alive! It was worth the time and money.

BMartini...

Can't change due to NC emissions regulations.....yet. thanks all for the good info/feedback. jim

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom