Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

News: Kinda shocked at C5 prices !

Corvette
2003 50th Annversary Red coupe, beautiful !
SANY0276.jpg I had my 2003 C5 50th. In to the Chevy dealership for it's annul oil & filter change and since it's been 5 years, I had the old DexCool flushed, drained and refilled. I had saw on Yahoo home page that Chevy was having trouble selling their Silverado's so I talked to the salesmen for an appraisal , Wow ! I know it's 11 years old but it's only has 17K miles, I own it and insurance is another $467.00 once a year. Wow is all I can say, $1850.00 :ugh

$18,500 is a good place to start the process. Offer him a take or leave it $21,500 against a discounted Silverado, and it should be yours.

I checked with a dealer about traiding in both our 07's ( 24k and 11k miles) for a new C7. He only wanted to give $20,000 each. I told him I would not trade 2 for one and still pay $25,000 difference.

Mine are paid for and like new, we are going to continue the fun in them...

2003 Chevrolet Corvette for sale | autoTRADER.ca

Here's the prices in Canadian lucky-bucks but we're pretty close to par of late... One at $30k but the rest are low $20s and below.

Considering you were talking to a dealership who wants to resell at a profit, I would say he wasn't unreasonable as a starting offer. You should be able to haggle him up to $20k or more.

Mac

NADA showing that coming in at $21775 for clean trade in. A car like this you can't go by book value. This is a MARKET value car. The dealer wants to steal it, so they can put it on the lot for over book and justify the price by saying...'This is a local, low mileage, never raced or driven hard ANNIVERSARY edition Corvette...where are you gonna find another one? This is a rare gem'...and sell it for $27,500. I've been in sales at a stealership for 3 years, I know how they operate, which is why I'm not there anymore. I don't believe in that system.

Sell it yourself out right. As you know, you'll be able to get way more out of it than the dealer will ever give you for it.

This opinion does NOT include specialty dealers that deal in high end cars. They treasure these cars, they are their business, value them accordingly, and have the clientele to match . Joe Loser down at Johnny's Used Car's and your general stealerships come across a jewel like this, and all they see is $$ signs. Don't even get me started!!

Last edited:
NADA showing that coming in at $21775 for clean trade in. A car like this you can't go by book value. This is a MARKET value car. The dealer wants to steal it, so they can put it on the lot for over book and justify the price by saying...'This is a local, low mileage, never raced or driven hard ANNIVERSARY edition Corvette...where are you gonna find another one? This is a rare gem'...and sell it for $27,500. I've been in sales at a stealership for 3 years, I know how they operate, which is why I'm not there anymore. I don't believe in that system.

Sell it yourself out right. As you know, you'll be able to get way more out of it than the dealer will ever give you for it.

This opinion does NOT include specialty dealers that deal in high end cars. They treasure these cars, they are their business, value them accordingly, and have the clientele to match . Joe Loser down at Johnny's Used Car's and your general stealerships come across a jewel like this, and all they see is $$ signs. Don't even get me started!!

I tend to agree, I have been monitoring C5 wholesale pricing over the past three years and it continues to drop annually, however interestingly enough the retail pricing has remained relatively stable for low mileage vettes. The dealers are making much more profit on the C5's now than they were a few years ago. At this point, if I were going to sell my '04 vert, I would sell it privately and stay away form a dealer trade in.

Dealer offered me 15,000.00 trade for my very very clean 04 coupe with 61,000 miles. I told him to take a hike!

Son works for a dealership, they had a 03 with 71k miles listed at 21,900 a couple months ago..went off the lot within 2 days at price.

We just sold a 98 convertible with 30k miles for $15,000.00. There's a big difference between what a magazine says they're worth and what people will actually pay.

We just sold a 98 convertible with 30k miles for $15,000.00. There's a big difference between what a magazine says they're worth and what people will actually pay.

I agree!

I found tons of C5's for sale when I was looking about a month ago. The buyer is absolutely in control right now.

Magazines don't buy the cars, people with their money do.

Chuck M

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom