Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Launch control

B

B-Miller

I have 2014 convertible, Z-51 package, LT3. When I do the above steps my RPMs never stabilize. They jump from 800 to 2000 and back every 1 to 2 seconds. I have sat there for over 60 seconds watching this. I will try to launch with pitiful results. I have read the book and it says in track then in any race mode it should work. My local dealer is not into corvettes they got and sold one corvette last year (not to me). They suggest I not worry about it and I should quit trying. Any thoughts?

user_online.gif

<tbody>
</tbody>

You refer to "steps above" but there's nothing above your text.

That said, I am vaguely familiar with PTM from my 2012.

Go back over the procedure in the Owner's manual and make sure you are doing it right because what's happening sounds like what might happen if you just floor the throttle in neutral without PTM.

I have 2014 convertible, Z-51 package, LT3. When I do the above steps my RPMs never stabilize. They jump from 800 to 2000 and back every 1 to 2 seconds. I have sat there for over 60 seconds watching this. I will try to launch with pitiful results. I have read the book and it says in track then in any race mode it should work. My local dealer is not into corvettes they got and sold one corvette last year (not to me). They suggest I not worry about it and I should quit trying. Any thoughts?

user_online.gif

<tbody>
</tbody>

Yes, that's what they told me when they couldn't get the tires mounted on my Z06. Don't worry about it they said. After two weeks of watching the three stooges try to mount those tires I opened a case number with corporate, and it was as if a miracle occurred, they got them mounted. I told them they had lost my business and they would never see me or my Corvette in their 'store' again. Take your car to another dealer. There are plenty out there with a competent service staff. But don't use them if they can't mount a set of tires!

Good Idea

Yes, that's what they told me when they couldn't get the tires mounted on my Z06. Don't worry about it they said. After two weeks of watching the three stooges try to mount those tires I opened a case number with corporate, and it was as if a miracle occurred, they got them mounted. I told them they had lost my business and they would never see me or my Corvette in their 'store' again. Take your car to another dealer. There are plenty out there with a competent service staff. But don't use them if they can't mount a set of tires!

Good advice. Next closest dealer is an hour away. But I'll have to do it. Thanks

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom