Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

leaking top blues

T

tdr1919

On my 86 coupe I get leaks at both front, top corners where the side windows meet the winshield and the top. I replaced the winshield weatherstrip, and a new refurbished acrylic top. The window(s) appear to fit snugly and up against the top & winshield weatherstripping.
Any ideas?

Tom

Do you mean you replaced the header weatherstrip at windshield or the actual windshield seal that you need to remove the glass for?
I recall reading a thread on a vette board where it was leaking at the actual windshield seal.(behind the glass)
I had a similar problem with my Pontiac. I had to spray with water hose to find the leak. It was easily repaired. Most auto stores sell a sealer that is very viscous.

It flows into the gap like water does but then hardens and seals it pretty much permanently. Did mine over 5 years ago :cool

I actually replaced the windshied but it is not leaking from the winshield it actually drips down from the top corners, and leaks around the side window glass.

Is it a Thompson Astro Top? I have some problems with the quality of their work. Maybe thats it?
Hmmm...and it has this corner metal water deflector? (part #38 on the chart) Maybe water is leaking through a gap where it attaches to the panel?
Part38Side01.JPG

Part38Side02.JPG

RoofPanelParts1.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom