Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Lip spoiler?

bwing

Corvette
03 Z06,66 coupe(sold),99 Porsche Carrera(sold)
Does anyone know who makes a simple "lip spoiler" for C5's?

If you have seen the photos of the new ZR1 it would look similiar to that. Something simple. Installed on top of the rear bumper, no higher than 1.5" and centered between the center of the two tail lights on the left and the center of the two tail lights on the right. Nothing gaudy.

I've checked the internet for "lip spoilers" for other cars but the C5 has a slight curve to the rear bumper and there's nothing close.

I'm in the process right now of designing one but if anyone can tell me where I might find one it sure would save me some work. I'm thinking of making it in fiberglass, polyurethan or carbon fiber. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Does anyone know who makes a simple "lip spoiler" for C5's?

If you have seen the photos of the new ZR1 it would look similiar to that. Something simple. Installed on top of the rear bumper, no higher than 1.5" and centered between the center of the two tail lights on the left and the center of the two tail lights on the right. Nothing gaudy.

I've checked the internet for "lip spoilers" for other cars but the C5 has a slight curve to the rear bumper and there's nothing close.

I'm in the process right now of designing one but if anyone can tell me where I might find one it sure would save me some work. I'm thinking of making it in fiberglass, polyurethan or carbon fiber. I'll let you know how it turns out.
MidAmerica and Ecklers have one that I've seen. Let me know if this is what you mean.
http://www.ecklers.com/product.asp?pf_id=35204&dept_id=1359

MidAmerica and Ecklers have one that I've seen. Let me know if this is what you mean.
http://www.ecklers.com/product.asp?pf_id=35204&dept_id=1359

Thanks for the site but I've seen that one and the thing I don't like about it is the sides come down far on the sides of the rear bumper that it leaves a "line" across that I think takes away from the smooth lines. I'm still in the process of making my own which I'm just about done doing. Once it's complete I'll have it painted and installed using either double stick tape or nut and bolt. I'm leaning towards the tape because I don't want to drill holes in the bumper.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom