Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Long term storage 2000 Vette

talhap1

Corvette
2000 c5
Hi everyone, I have been out of the country for a year and will be stationed overseas for few more,, I stored my corvette in air conditioned garage, the car is on four jacks, covered, battery is out, gas I left 1/8 of tank with fuel stabilizer , oil I changed a year ago before the day before storage.

Does anyone know if I need to do anything else ? the car could be there for 3 to 5 years... any long term damage I should be aware of ? I really do not want to sell it and there is no one that can help me move it or start it.

Thanks all.

I've heard that it's best to store a car with a FULL tank of gas. Less room for moisture to form. And of course use a little more StaBil.

I've heard that it's best to store a car with a FULL tank of gas. Less room for moisture to form. And of course use a little more StaBil.
Might not be an issue in a constant AC enviroment.Gas even with StaBil will get pretty stail after 3 years. I just don't know !:D

I've always fog the motor by removing the plugs, squirting oil in each cylinder creating a film layer on the walls then put the plugs in ( not tightening). I do that with my boats so I'm not sure there won't be issues with catalytic converters when re started but I would not think so. Best of luck, Zig.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom