Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

look what I bought :-)

Jeroenvgfn

Corvette
1986 Black Coupe RPO Z51
This is a Callaway C1 project Mk1 Callaway Turbo setup for a VW Rabbit.

I already bought a Rabbit convertible for the project but after all it is useless.
I will buy an other one this winter (after I have finished the Vette interior )

What I need is a dash plaque like which is on Ebay right now from a mazda project. but this one is already taken by Pete ( callaway4fun)
does anyone else have one for sale ??

photo2.jpg

Afb004.jpg

for all pictures you can look at :
http://members.home.nl/callawaycorvette/volkswagen

Not many of those cars in drivable condition left in midwest US. Most have serious rust problems and the price of new VW parts is not cheap? remember having a early GTI in 80's, fun little car to drive. Callaway kit looks to be great quality and microfueler looks pretty simialar to one used in B2K cars. Would be curious to know how similar? Good luck with project!

C-4 Now said:
Not many of those cars in drivable condition left in midwest US. Most have serious rust problems and the price of new VW parts is not cheap? remember having a early GTI in 80's, fun little car to drive. Callaway kit looks to be great quality and microfueler looks pretty simialar to one used in B2K cars. Would be curious to know how similar? Good luck with project!

thanks, you made my day :)

the microfueller is the same, only the Corvette version says dual on the frontplate.

This is a kit they made for those cars? Or did Callaway just do the cars themselves? Any story on it? What period of time was this? The parts look to be in pretty good shape. What kind of power should the car make with them on?

Aurora40 said:
This is a kit they made for those cars? Or did Callaway just do the cars themselves? Any story on it? What period of time was this? The parts look to be in pretty good shape. What kind of power should the car make with them on?

The C1 project was from 1977 -1984.

This was a kit sold by Callaway to increase power on VW rabbit/scirocco or jetta

With this kit I am goaling for 160HP but I already red stories of 200hp with this kit.

this is not the kit that draw the attention of Dave mc Lellan , that is the Alfa romeo twin turbo V6 kit.

Way to go Jeroen!
I see VW parts are as expensive in the states as corvette parts are overhere ;)

Groeten Peter.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom