Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Look what I found!

DonB

Corvette
2019 ZO6 in Elkhart Lake Blue
Today I pulled the fuel tank and rear sub-frame on my 1990 coupe to replace the original old rotted fuel tank. Look was was stuck to the front of the tank where it is up against the passenger compartment rear wall. It is severely weathered but I can make out much of it including the ordering dealer, which by the way is "long gone." They were a high volume Vette dealer back "in the day."
It was Z-Frank Chevrolet on North Western Ave. in Chicago. I feel like I uncovered an artifact or a piece of history. This is so cool. This document is roughly 27 years old and it is amazing it survived this long considering the weather we get here.

Buildsheet.jpg

Last edited:
The build sheet from my 81 is still on the tank. No doubt the tank will come out one day and I'll be able to have a good read. For now I have to make do with what I was able to make out with a mirror and torch.

Update

When I installed the new fuel tank, I scanned a copy of the original build sheet and stuck it to the tank in the original position.
I framed the original and hung it in my office. Every one that sees it, asks about it. They think it is so:cool!:

DSC_1383.jpg

Last edited:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom