Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Looking at a perspective 1990 ZR1 ?

Corvette
2003 50th Annversary Red coupe, beautiful !
What should I be looking at/for in a perspective sale of a 1990 ZR-1. It's black, (Paint shot) has a brick under the front tire, so I assume the hand brake/transmission is either shot or worse. It has worn leather interior, and It hasn't has a state safety or emission inspection since 2008. Beyond that I'm not sure. I am waiting to talk to the owner, and if he's even remotely interested at a sale, I was going to go to Walmart, buy the cheapest battery that fits into the car, check the oil and see if it'll start.

But I'm very scared of an LT5. I know a little about the L-48, L-82, L-83, LT1 and the LSX engines, but I don't have a clue about estimating or analyzing a ZR-1 or the LT5 engine ? Any tips welcome ! ;shrug

1990 for Sale

Lots of good info and folks here ZR-1 Net Registry Forums - Powered by vBulletin .
No need to be afraid of the LT5 - it's pretty much bulletproof.
Take a look at the car and report back ...

I agree no need to be afraid LT5. I really don't how much money you want to put in the ZR1 you are looking at. Check this out ZR-1s For Sale Whatever ZR1 you buy there are good folks in the brotherhood that will be glad to help you.

Tomcat 74 :pat
91 ZR1 #906

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom