Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Looking back at Carlisle 2005 :)

*89x2*

What an amazing weekend!

I hope to hear about everyone's impressions and experiences from the show - in the meantime, here is ours...

Thursday was spent in the cars, as my buddy Turbo Luigi called at 6:30 w/ some bad news – Hurricane was a comin’ so he sent his regrets that he would not be able to make the show L

11:00 a.m. A quick change in plans, I hopped in the SNAT and drove to Carlisle, dropping the car off and heading home in the chase vehicle.

…with a turn of the key, nothing – two tries later, it started however, the battery light was on. 2 minutes or 2 hours, who knows how long I had… Hammer down, I headed for home to pick up the truck, trailer, and other Callaway.

Making it home after the highway was closed due to an accident, my wife and I loaded up and headed out. Making it back to Carlisle and checking into the hotel, it was now 9:15 p.m.

Seems everyone was just getting in at the hotel – with some hello’s and introductions, we put up our signs to welcome any late coming arrivals and cracked open a bottle of Callaway wine in the lobby – but not before trying to do the same in the lounge, apparently a no - no in a PA bar.

Friday, we headed down to the Carlisle grounds in a Callaway Caravan – very cool, and no police action this year ;)

Setting up, we had a nice array of cars and even more owners came by without cars – It was a big year for the ZR1’s and some owners had brought their Z’s instead, for the ZR1 Reunion – either way, we were glad to see everyone!

Friday night was the Callaway Owners Dinner. One of the biggest turnouts ever for this awesome night of Callaway-related fun, I apparently over-did the trivia questions a bit ;) Next year, we’ll come up with something a bit different I promise ;)

Callaway4Fun won top prize, winning a $100 gift certificate from Callaway Cars – VERY COOL!

Steve O (ETVIPER) Won a Callaway Zippo

And Paul (Kruzmisl) won a Silver C12 Keychain

Thanks Callaway Cars for you continued support and generosity! :m

Mike Zoner shared with us some tales of Callaways as he explained a bit of the past and what to expect in the future from the company – Thanks Mike! *tap-tap*

After an awesome meal, World famous painter Dana Forrester was set to unveil his latest piece – a Callaway watercolor. Nobody had seen this yet and we all were greatly awaiting its unveiling! It was the Cherry Smash Super Speedster in front of the Callaway building.

Afterwards, I was floored by the presentation of a surprise – I am a still speechless guy! You are all amazing and I personally thank you!

Creeper races followed the dinner fun – Battles were tough, and there is a new duo-champion team for 2005! Congrats to Ron and Joe from Long Island w/ their Power Group 3 creeper.

Magic Dragon – aka. Turbo Joe will have to fill in the specifics here however, it should be noted that Mike Z. and Reuben were seen doing a flying launch challenge at the close of the event – amazing I didn’t know a creeper could fly that far :eek

Sat. brought more of the show and a very informative seminar that day in the e-bay building about the company. Sat night, the Callaways led the parade downtown and we were able to get the owners who were not able to have their cars there a shotgun seat as a result of enough cars being present :cool What a sight it was, they wer still talking about it on Sunday!

Sunday brought the show to a close – a lot of relaxation - and a bit of sun too…

Three Callaways received Celebrity pick awards – Callaway4Fun’s B2K, Big John’s LM, and the Flocks GS – AWESOME guys! :m

Here are links to the Carlisle pages for the awards – See you next year! :m

Callaway4Fun: http://www.carlislemediasite.com/celebritypicks/celebritypicks05.asp?offset=15

Big John :

http://www.carlislemediasite.com/celebritypicks/celebritypicks05.asp?offset=20

Flocks GS:

http://www.carlislemediasite.com/celebritypicks/celebritypicks05.asp?offset=60

*89x2* said:
What an amazing weekend!
I hope to hear about everyone's impressions and experiences from the show..

Yes indeed, it was a great weekend. I can honestly say I have never meet a greater group of people than the COG and the staff from Callaway Cars.

I think my best moment was during the parade Saturday night, was when my left foot "accidently" slipped off the clutch and my right foot "accidently" depressed the accelerator pedal at the same time and once the smoke cleared, the look on the Carlisle gendarme's face as he ran to my car, stuck his finger in my face and yelled, "One more time and you're outta here." ;LOL

First off I want to thank you guys for letting me hang out with you all. I had a great time and can't wait until I'm an official member of the Callaway Owners Group. The prade was pretty sweet getting to ride with Big John in the LM and seeing everyone checking out the car! The highlight was probally the ride me and Turbo Joe went for Sunday morning!! Thanks again Joe!!!!!!! YEAAHHH BAAABYYY!!!!

And one more thing.......I had the singles creeper race wraped up and in the bag!!! Then Zoner gets a wild hair and does some sort of flying start!!!! Third last year, second this year.......Zoner, you're going down next year!!!!! It's mine!!!

Chris,
Let me start by saying that you have done an excellent job for COG. Also your coordination for the parade was right on. The overall experience that I had at Carlisle was incredible and can`t wait for next year. Joe and I will be introducing a new stealth creeper to retain our champioship and begin a dynasty. Please forward infi on the COG shirts to my e-mail rjr77@msn.com. Again great job.

Regards
Ron

Great job Chris as usual!Congrats to Ron & Joe for bringing home the GOLD to Long Island.Turbo Joe you are too much & yes Carl & I will return!Great seeing everyone again & looking forward to doing it again next year.
RJR said:
Chris,
Let me start by saying that you have done an excellent job for COG. Also your coordination for the parade was right on. The overall experience that I had at Carlisle was incredible and can`t wait for next year. Joe and I will be introducing a new stealth creeper to retain our champioship and begin a dynasty. Please forward infi on the COG shirts to my e-mail rjr77@msn.com. Again great job.

Regards
Ron

Ron, it was nice to see you again and your team w/ Joe was amazing for a rookie team!

I know Tony and Carl were trying very hard and their creeper was very, very nice! Esp. the higher design :cool SuperNatural Power! :cool

A lot of work went into the creepers and the competition was tough - You took the crown away from the 2x champs - and I have the bruises to prove it :upthumbs ;LOL - Joanne and I will be back though next year, look out :eek

Ron - The parade was a sight - folks were talking about the Callaways leading the parade on Sunday upon arrival :cool

67Heaven - Thanks so very much for coming to the rescue on Sunday a.m. w/ the pliers to open my clutch (fluid) reservoir :m

Congrats on your Celebrity Pick :v

Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!

As you saw at the Callaway Owners Dinner, I had absolutely NO IDEA what you guys had done - you are the best! :m
cog.gif

Thank you so much for the heart felt appreciation you showed by this gesture! AMAZING!!!!

I am still virtually speechless!!!!!!!! :eek

attachment.php

That looks awesome Chris!! You deserve it!!

*89x2* said:
As you saw at the Callaway Owners Dinner, I had absolutely NO IDEA what you guys had done - you are the best! :m
cog.gif

Thank you so much for the heart felt appreciation you showed by this gesture! AMAZING!!!!

I am still virtually speechless!!!!!!!! :eek

attachment.php

*89x2* said:
Ron, e-mail sent :m

Chris,
I recieved the e-mail. Joe and I will be sending you our orders shortlly. Thanks again and see you in Oct at Old Lyme.

Regards Ron:pat

Chris,

I just wanted to reiterate how THANKFUL we owners are for the time, effort, and hard work that you put into to promote and preserve "the Worlds Most Powerful Corvette" as well as your monthly out-of-pocket funds to maintain callawayownersgroup.com for us. Owners really felt strongly about doing this and I am glad that we were able to make this gift to you happen to show our appreciation. I only wish I could have been there in person to help present it to you on behalf of the COG.

Enjoy! :_rock

-Luigi
:cool

TurboLuigi said:
Chris,

I just wanted to reiterate how THANKFUL we owners are for the time, effort, and hard work that you put into to promote and preserve "the Worlds Most Powerful Corvette" as well as your monthly out-of-pocket funds to maintain callawayownersgroup.com for us. Owners really felt strongly about doing this and I am glad that we were able to make this gift to you happen to show our appreciation. I only wish I could have been there in person to help present it to you on behalf of the COG.

Enjoy! :_rock

-Luigi
:cool

Luigi,
Very well put and I concur.
Great job Chris.
Ron:pat

I'm back in town now. WOW what a great event. It was so good seeing everyone- we missed you Joanne! Thanks everyone for particapating and joining in on the antics of the Creeper Challenge and Belt Toss! Good thing we did it on Friday night as Saturday would have been a "wash". Chris- you and Natasha really "make" the event and add sooooo much to the experience! THANK YOU! Ron and Joe what can I say you guys are the Champs! Mike Zoner, you truly know how to make it happen. You find speed where no one has looked before- good job! The ladies did an outstanding job navigating thier creepers. Mr Flock hows that clock,hehe, nice going on the belt toss. The parade was alot of fun-Mark, I would have loved to have seen your experience with the local police force. Reuben you did a great job driving the Callaway for the first time, you are a natural. Thanks Everyone!!!!!!!!!!:D

Thanks guys! As I stated at the Callaway Owners dinner though, the COG and Ownership experience simply wopuld not be the same without everyone here - and there @ Carlisle! :m

Joanne was surely missed - next year, the champs will return for the creeper races :cool Callaway4Fun and I certainly gave our best - and I gave a chunk of my shoulder - No Pete, that wasn't my sleeve you grabbed :eek OUCH! ;)

Ron and Joe did a fantastic job and Randy hooped the cones w/ ease :upthumbs

Next year will be fun for sure :v

Whow, this looks like Callawayheaven to me!!
Looks like you guys had a great time :)

Groeten Peter.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom