Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Looking for a tool

IH2LOSE

Corvette
1966,and a 1962 thats almost complete
So anytime I wanted to hear what happening in something mecanical,I would take a screw driver and touch the thing and then put it to my ear.

I was in my brother inn laws shop and he was trying to find scraping noise from a car and I grabbed a screw driver to try and locate it and he handed me a doctor stetho scope but it had a metal probe. It was unbelievably clear, I asked him where he got it and he explained it must be 40 years old it was his fathers.

Anybody have an idea where to get one? Although I dont need it now I know I will

LT4man

Corvette
96 Collectors Edition LT4
I bought a mechanic's stethoscope years ago when I owned my shop. I think I bought it from Snap-On or another tool vendor.

Auto Zone, Pep Boys or Murrays probably carry them.

SAVE THE :w

Corvette
'67 Marina Blue Convertible
I have a couple of them - bought them years ago from Griot's Garage, I think; they work LOTS better than the old methods.

Stethoscope.JPG

:beer

Corvette
71 Conv. (Sold) / 98 Pewter Coupe (Sold)
I bought one at one of the local parts shops, Auto Zone or Pep Boys type place. Their pretty cheap and priceless all at the same time.

Evolution1980

Administrator
Corvette
ZZ4, 700R4, Steeroids rack & pinion, VB&P Brakes
Like the one pictures above, I think I got my at Harbor Frieght & Tool for like $3 or something. That place is The Dollar Store for mechanics!
It works almost too good. I was trying to isolate a scraping in my rotor/caliper area and I accidentally touched the end of the probe/scope to the spinning rotors. Damn near blew out my ear drums! Rotating steel rotor touching aluminum probe = very very startled person with ringing ears!
:W:cry

LT4man

Corvette
96 Collectors Edition LT4
Like the one pictures above, I think I got my at Harbor Frieght & Tool for like $3 or something. That place is The Dollar Store for mechanics!
It works almost too good. I was trying to isolate a scraping in my rotor/caliper area and I accidentally touched the end of the probe/scope to the spinning rotors. Damn near blew out my ear drums! Rotating steel rotor touching aluminum probe = very very startled person with ringing ears!
:W:cry

Been there, done that!

SAVE THE :w

BobbyG

Corvette
2004 Z06 Millennium Yellow
I have a couple of them - bought them years ago from Griot's Garage, I think; they work LOTS better than the old methods.

Stethoscope.JPG

:beer

OK, you want to use the gray one on me OK, but keep that black one to yourself...:crazy :eek

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom