Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Looking for ISBN number of 1984 Road & Track 1984 corvette introduction

KGV

Corvette
1991 red ZR-1
I believe that in 1983, Road & Track published a magazine detailing the 1984 corvette. This magazine was just about the vette, and each chapter was about a certain aspect of the car.

Does anyone remeber the name and/or ISBN number? I had a copy once, but it was lost in one of my moves.

Thanks

Hi,

Yes, I could be mistaken about the publisher. I bought the magazine in 1983, and I recall that the complete magazine was dedicated to the 1984 Corvette. It was all on glossy paper, and it was sectioned into chapters. They had one on the body, another on the engine, etc. I would guess that it was over 50 pages. It was over 20 years ago, so my memory could be way off.

Unfortunately in 1991 I was moving from Canada to Bermuda, and I disposed of 10 years of magazines, one of which was this issue on the '84. At that time I also foolishly gave all my 60's childhood hotwheels, corgi, and dinky cars to my young nephews. Now I wish I had kept the toys and the magazines!

I was hoping to be able to find a copy of the magazine since I now own a C4, and I remember reading the magaine while I was waiting for the bus way back in the summer of '83.

I have a copy at home I'll look and post the date and any #s on the cover I think it had a gold 84 on the cover.

Steve

Found it... ROAD & TRACKS Guide to the all new CORVETTE

came out in 1983 almost 130 pages, black cover 3 views of a gold 84 on the cover. now where do I find the ISBN number ? the number on the bar code is 27100 06413

As an 84 owner I'm not ready to part with it...but it is the 2nd copy I have found in the last few years, I gave the other to a buddy who has an 84.. I found both copys at Covette swap meets so it pays to look thru piles of old mags when you see them

Steve

Thanks for checking. I guess it might not have an ISBN since it is a magazine. At least now I have the correct title. Not to be a pain, but would it be possible for you to scan the front cover? If not, do not worry about it. They have an "Old Timers" car show in Munich each year, and vendors bring all sorts of old magazines. My German is not very good, so as they say, a picture is worth a 1000 words.

Once again, thanks to all for the help!

Ken

KGV,

No scanner..but I'll get a pic of the cover and e-mail it to ya..and keep my eyes open for another copy. have you checked e-bay??
you may also try and contact Road & Track for old copys.

Steve

Steve,

Thanks.

I will give e-bay a try.

Ken

Almost had a copy.

I found a copy listed through an Amazon affiliate, so I bought it online. They billed the card, but then they checked their inventory, and ... no copies! Does anyone ever have accurate computer inventories.

This book is proving to be quite elusive! The hunt continues.

That will teach me to throw out car magazines. You never know when you may own a car that was featured in one of the magazines. I guess the difficult search makes the magazine more interesting once I get it.

I know what you mean. I horde all of my magazines (...and I have many, many subscriptions coming in. :L), but every now and then I wonder where I'm gonna put 'em next. Then when you try to find something that seems like it was just yesterday when you read it, it takes you back ten years or so. Man, how time flies! :eyerole

Good luck in your search Ken. :CAC

I managed to buy one from Ebay. It came to 19 USD including postage to Germany.

Ebay can come in handy for these hard to find items.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom