Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT4 Looking for LT4 - Some newbie questions

1996 LT4 Topic
W

WantaLT4

I know that the body of Vette's is fiberglass, however, is rust an issue on Vette's that have lived in states that use salt to de-ice roads? If so, would you suspect a 1996 of having rust issues?

Looking through the previous posts, I have learned that there was a recall for rocker arm failure on some LT4's. Are the code ranges given the serial number off the blocks? Will Chevy still honor the recall if it has not been performed, as I will not be the origianal owner, etc.?

Know anybody that is looking for a great 1992 Z28, please send them my way. Hate to sell it, but I have to get a LT4!

http://www.angelfire.com/home/38/

Thanks

Rust is certainly an issue on the vettes because the frame is still metal... a 96 could have it as easy as an 86 if the car was driven a lot in the winter...

The rocker are recall varies depending on the VIN number of the car... as far as I know GM will still honor the recall if you are not the original owner. If your local chevy dealer won't give you the info, they can give you a 1-800 number to call GM at to see if there are any open campaigns on the car.

Pretty nice/clean looking Z28, hopefully it'll move pretty fast for ya.

I did the same thing earlier this year, got rid of my Z28 and picked up this LT4.

By the way - :upthumbs Welcome to :CAC

Later . . . . . .
6 Shooter

Welcome to the :CAC.

Check out Hashmarks.com for a copy of the rocker arm recall. I talked with the service manager at a Chevy dealership and he assured me that, since this is a recall issue, not being the original owner of the car, or it being out of warranty is not an issue. Chevy will repair/replace the parts for free.

Hope this helps, and good luck on your search for an LT4. :D

Jason

You want, I got an LT-4

Dear Wanta....If you are ready I have a good one looking for a home. You can see it on Vettefinders. If I stay around here much longer I will just keep it. The car is also listed on auto trader under the 22443 zip code. Torch Red, 54K miles....etc, etc, breaks my heart to even talk about getting rid of it. May have to settle for a lesser vette.

okie

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom