Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

looking for new tires non runflats any sugestions 2007 Z06

curvesman

Corvette
2007 black Z06
Thanks in advance! Or should I go with run flats? Looking to save money Retired watching my $$$

First off, curvesman,Welcome to CAC. :w I think you'll find that run flat vs non run flat will get some action here. There are those who like and those that dislike them.

The non runflats, they say, give a better ride and better handling. Whereas, the run flats give peace of mind. Personally, I can't justify the no run flats living in the "boonies" of western Kansas. With no spare, it could be a long ways to the next town to walk. And cell service, while it is getting better, can be non-existent in some areas. So, for me, run flats are a must. Yes they cost more up front, but I'll spend that money for the peace of mind.

You have to determine, for yourself, whether or not they are worth the extra money. In your size tires, the tires aren't going to be cheap anyway. :thumb

I'm with Tom on this - Run Flats for the piece of mind they provide.

As for tire selection, I like Michelin - Pilot Super Sport ZP for most driving conditions. Pilot Sport A/S 3 ZP for when the weather goes bad.

Check tirerack.com and they can provide you with a long list of tires that fit your Vette.

Remember, the only contact between your car and the road is the four small patches of rubber your tires have.

I bought Michelin Sport Pilots and I'm extremely happy with them. There's this one extreme right turn I like to take with vigor. My EOM Goodyears would only manage about 0.89g on the lateral meter and the rear end was already getting loose. With the Michelins, I regularly am able to hit 1.13g and there's more left. The car has more nerve than I do with this tires, now. The OEM Good Years weren't worth the powder to blow them up with in comparison. They're reasonable in cost and have a 300 wear rating. I keep a high speed portable air pump in the cubby hold in the back along with a plug repair kit and needle nose channel lock pliers. Just in case. These tires also have much more grip in acceleration. I'm betting these tires dropped my 0-60 time just because they hook up so much better. If you get these tires, you'll be very happy.

I bought Michelin Sport Pilots and I'm extremely happy with them. There's this one extreme right turn I like to take with vigor. My EOM Goodyears would only manage about 0.89g on the lateral meter and the rear end was already getting loose. With the Michelins, I regularly am able to hit 1.13g and there's more left. The car has more nerve than I do with this tires, now. The OEM Good Years weren't worth the powder to blow them up with in comparison. They're reasonable in cost and have a 300 wear rating. I keep a high speed portable air pump in the cubby hold in the back along with a plug repair kit and needle nose channel lock pliers. Just in case. These tires also have much more grip in acceleration. I'm betting these tires dropped my 0-60 time just because they hook up so much better. If you get these tires, you'll be very happy.

I ended up buying the 2 Nitto Invo 345-30-19 $620.00 counting shipping. fronts are 177.00 each will get them also in a few weeks and change out all at once this summer. Heard a lot of good about them. I know they are not run flats so I will prepare my self in case of a flat. Mainly did it for my tight budget being retired. I do not drive my Z hard so hopefully they work out ok.
Thanks to all your gave there input.
:beer:beer

I ended up buying the 2 Nitto Invo 345-30-19 $620.00 counting shipping. fronts are 177.00 each will get them also in a few weeks and change out all at once this summer. Heard a lot of good about them. I know they are not run flats so I will prepare my self in case of a flat. Mainly did it for my tight budget being retired. I do not drive my Z hard so hopefully they work out ok.
Thanks to all your gave there input.
:beer:beer
I talked to someone at a RI sponsored Corvette show who bought a set of Nittos for his Z06. He seemed very happy with them. Especially for the price. I decided to go with the Michelins because I wanted to make sure my 'Vette stays with OEM or better replacement parts. I consider it to be my American Ferrari that just happens to have a Kentuckian accent. Good luck with the Nittos. I'm sure many here, including myself, would be interested to hear how they work out.
:beer :thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom