Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

looking for new tires

I

iwannafly

Got ready to replace my tires on my 77 and cant find any H rated or above. Got some old Yokohamas on it but I guess they don't make them anymore in my size. 255/60/15. Anybody know of some good high speed skins?

Corvette
71 Conv. (Sold) / 98 Pewter Coupe (Sold)

69MyWay

Corvette
1969 Killer Shark
I use BF Goodrich on almost everything. They make a great tire with good tread wear, and a variety of speed ratings. Plus, they usually have a very competitive price.

Corvette
08 Jetstream Blue Z51 coupe
I've been very pleased with the BFG Radial T/A's that went on this spring. The price was right too.

80convertible

Corvette
1973 converted to 1980 custom convertible
I too was looking at tires recently and also found that there are not many tires left to fit our stock rims. Certainly not any speed rated tires. I think the highest speed rating I found was a "T". I currently have BFG T/As on my vette and they do hold the road well. Unless you are really pushing the envelope, S rated tires should perform well. Heck, most of our old supensions could not handle anymore than the S rated tires anyway.

Regards,

Jim

I

iwannafly

envelope pushing

From time to time I do push the envelope. I try to keep primo rubber between me and the asphalt as I don't want to be picking little pieces of fiberglass from my posterier. It appears that 15s are pretty much a thing of the past. I may have to buy new wheels to get the upper speed rated tires. That hurts since my wheels have only seen one set of tires. Such is life.

R

redmist

Sold my BFG's and wheels on ebay and bought 16's and was out of pocket about $250.
The change in handling was incredible.
I can feel the bullets from the NCRS people now.

Corvette
71 Conv. (Sold) / 98 Pewter Coupe (Sold)
redmist said:
I can feel the bullets from the NCRS people now.
Yeah but w/ 420hp and new tires the bullets will never touch you.:r :L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom