Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Looking for the owner of my Corvette 1958 C1 original Vin plate J58S101977 Islip New York

mcfeber347

Corvette
1958 red/white
Hello ,I am looking for the original vin plate for my 1958 Corvette J58S101977 ! I was surfing around on
Internet one day and suddenly I found my ORIGINAL vin plate listed as a bodyless 1958 vin tag :) !
The problem is that I dont know who owns it so now I am lookin for your HELP here . The tag was listed as a
"Just a 58 VIN tag from Ebay. All it needs is the rest of the car to make it "right".
Who knows, maybe the whole car will show up on here one of these days."
Here is a link to C1 registery The Corvette C1 Registry
I have had the Corvette for allmost 30 years with a repop tag and of course it would be nice to get the original one !
Islip New York was marked as the owner of the tag if it helps !
Thanks Tom

Welcome to the CAC

It looks like that ad is long gone off of ebay. I wonder if the C1 Registry can tell you when the info was registered. Then you could go to ebay and see if they could run down the ad. At least you could tell them when the ad was running. It sounds like a long shot but I can't find anything else on the old interweb about your number.

How did the plate get separated from the car in the first place? Do you know or was it done long before you owned it?

Tom

Not sure if this will help, but their change logs indicate the following:
05/15/2016 17:17Owner updatedOwner Tom Englund of car VIN 01977, year 1958 updated
05/15/2016 17:15Owner insertedOwner Tom Englund of car VIN 01977, year 1958 inserted

<tbody>
</tbody>

Have you tried contacting Tom via email (seems like a Finland extension)? tom.englund@multi.fi

It looks like that ad is long gone off of ebay. I wonder if the C1 Registry can tell you when the info was registered. Then you could go to ebay and see if they could run down the ad. At least you could tell them when the ad was running. It sounds like a long shot but I can't find anything else on the old interweb about your number.

How did the plate get separated from the car in the first place? Do you know or was it done long before you owned it?

Tom
I contacted the C1 Registry but they did not have any info who put out the vin tag from Ebay in c1 registry but they put out my name as owner of the car so if I am lucky some one will contact me
with info about the tag!
The original tag was gone when I bougth the car in 1988 :(
Thanks Tom

Not sure if this will help, but their change logs indicate the following:
05/15/2016 17:17Owner updatedOwner Tom Englund of car VIN 01977, year 1958 updated
05/15/2016 17:15Owner insertedOwner Tom Englund of car VIN 01977, year 1958 inserted

<tbody>
</tbody>

Have you tried contacting Tom via email (seems like a Finland extension)? tom.englund@multi.fi

Thats me
looking for the vin tag :)
Thanks Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom