Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Looking for UnderHood Light Fastners?

• Thread starter Thread starter 1981
  • Start date Start date

I have a 1981 and am looking for new fastners that hold the nuts in the hood so you can screw the underhood light on. These are made of a rubber boot that holds the nut in the hole, which is in the hood. Mine are dry rotted and no longer hold the nut in posistion for the screw to work. Anyone got any of these or know where I can go to get them? or if you know of a mod I can perform that would be great also.

SSautoSports

1981 here is a link to Steve's SSautoSports contact him. He can probably talk you through a fix or he will have the parts you need ;) if not there is Gary Gruhala in Missouri that dismantles Corvettes, I can't seem to find his website.. I'm sure one of our other members has it, if not, I'll get serious about finding it for you.

Again, Welcome aboard, Enjoy the Ride;)

Edit Note: I found Gary's website.. :D "Gruhala Enterprises"
Only problem is it's an anglefire website SOOOOooo be ready for THOSE STUPID POP UP ADDS :(

UPDATE

This is what I have found to use and it works great. Not original parts, but they hold the light fixture in place regardless.

Home Depot (in the Screw/Bolt section)
Plastic Toggle 3/8" x 1/2"
For Walls 3/8-1/2
Drill Size 5/16"
2 Pcs. 10161

the NPC number is 3069910161
made by Crown Bolt, Inc.
Cerritos, CA 90703

The part is actually a self retaining screw-in like you would use on dry wall to hold a screw. They are plastic, and have a "T" mechanism that holds the retainer in the hole from coming out. Then youan use a stainless steel screw to hold the light fixture in place.

It has worked great for me, the light is now in and I should have no problems for years to come. You can not even tell the plastic self retainers are installed.

Hope this helps someone,

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom