Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Loss of Power Crazy Temp Guage

T

TooTall

Just got my 2000 Roadster out of the shop today for California smog issues. State certified shop replaced PVC hose and Catalytic converters. Car was running fine and passed the emission portion of the tests but check light was on and code P0430 (TWC System Low Efficiency Bank 2) was in the DIC. Today when I got the car back everything seemed fine and I took off on a 100 mile round trip appointment. In traffic on freeway noticed temp gauge was very erratic fluctuating from 172 to 212. Everything else seemed fine and I continued to my stop.
Coming back things began to get worse. Temp gauge was becoming more erratic and was actually pegging zero. As it dropped the rpms began fluctuating and I thought I was going to have a low power situation. I made it home but as I was backing into driveway car stalled and would not restart with five tries. Went inside to get a flashlight and then tried again and it started but with very erratic idle. All other gauges seemed fine.
Pulled codes and this is what I have:
10-PCM P1431 H
40-BCM B0503 H
58-SDM B1001 H
AO-LDCM U1064
A1-RDCM U1064 H
A6-SCM B0851 H
B2172 H C
B2177 H C
I have a suspicion that something may not have been connected correctly, but nothing to prove that.
Your help would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom