Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LS crate engines

PLRX

While watching POWERBLOCK TV in the Spike Channel, they installed a LS1 crate engine in a 4X4 frame jeep called "The Spider"
My question has nothing to do with gear heads but is...

Who has installed a LS1 or LS2 crate engine in a C4? Is it possible? I have seen a '82 with a LT1.

I am planing to install a LS-6 from a Z06 into a 87 in the near future......I will keep everyone posted to it's progress. Got to finish designing my new garage first and get farther along with the second gen TA/C-5 that I am building.

Yeah SoLow, I too am interested in your LS-6 project. Hope it all works out for you. Please keep us posted.

I can't wait to get started :W

I'm sure that it can be done with enough work and money.:L

Edmond said:
it can be done with enough work and money.
True, and this is one of the options I considered. A shop near Orlando had done it; I considered shipping my car there. Another shop in San Diego had an aluminum BB in an '87, that I drove. It was mildly setup and not the jaw-dropper I built.

I don't believe the trannies we have bolt up to the later powerplants. I think there is also an issue with the pilot bearings. As I retained the 4+3 (works well) I opted for the 406, built the way I wanted.

Perhaps now, three years later, more conversion parts exist. :w

WhalePirot said:
True, and this is one of the options I considered. A shop near Orlando had done it;
I don't believe the trannies we have bolt up to the later powerplants.

What shop in Fla.? I was thinking of a 6 speed . The LS-6 is similar to the LS-1 block design I think so a trannie shouldn't be too big a deal. The big deal was putting the C5 trannie/ rear into a 76 TA....:crazy

WhalePirot said:
Perhaps now, three years later, more conversion parts exist. :w

Just do what my neighbor does, if the part doesn't exist, make it yourself.:L

Edmond said:
Just do what my neighbor does, if the part doesn't exist, make it yourself.:L

That just how I do it ! :D

SoLow said:
What shop in Fla.?
I might have that info in my notes. :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom