Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT4 LT4 Collector Edition

1996 LT4 Topic

PLRX

Gents, yesterday I visited my girlfriend at her work and there, on the parking lot was a 96 Collectors Edition Coupe! I got closer and...

1. Needs lots of TLC
2. Non-F45 Likely to be a Z51
3. I noticed the 6 Sp, so it is a LT4
4. Interiors are BAD. Needs new carpets all around
5. Doesn't even have the air dam for the cooling system
6. The undercarriage needs to be steamed, yes, that bad...

My GF stated that the woman/owner hates the car because that all she got from the divorce.

I put my GF on a mission to ask her if she sells it. If she hates the car, she would get rid of it.

If she comes forward, What should I offer?

The Kelly Blue Book says 11k for a '96 LT4 CE in fair condition. I probably wouldnt offer more than 10k for the car. I'd probably start at 8.5k and work up from there.

It's sad to hear about an LT4 car mistreated like that. :(

Jason

I’d confirm the operating condition of the ZF. True, its a durable transmission, but if it needs attention, it could be expensive. Seals, oil leaks, and cosmetics are easy to fix, but I would cast a scrupulous eye on the major mechanicals. If they check out and mileage is where it should be, I would start just where twiget mentioned, in the 8K range.

B17Crew
:w

I'm going with twiget and above. If it still drives okay, it's worth that and maybe up to 10K, but not any more than that. Then you have to figure in all the TLC costs and what it would be worth afterward.

Without looking at the RPO sticker or getting a real close look at the suspension, it's hard to say whether it will be a base or Z51 car.

Good luck.

What's the mileage?

How's the paint, seats? If they're "rough" too, you have to ask yourself "How well the was engine maintained?"

Run the VIN on CarFax. Don't buy a "pig in a poke".

Jake

One quick way to tell if its a Z51 car...... if it still has orig. wheels.... 275/17's on all four corners, if it has the 245/17 ? maybe 255/17 front and 285 backs then its a FE1(base susp)

List the VIN.... I have a roster of Coll Ed. and might have some history on it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom