Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT4 lt4 engine rebuild

1996 LT4 Topic

tomls1

Corvette
C4-Sold, C5-Sold. Currently, C6-2007 Z51
ok, what do y'all think of this. i found a 96 ce lt4 with about 75,000 miles on the car. apparently, the engine was rebuilt about 3000 miles ago because of a "spun bearing":confused.

should i run from this, or is it a positive thing, or does it not make a difference. i guess there's a lot of variables involved like who did the work etc...i'd just like some other opinions.

good news is that it's only about 50 miles away from me.:_rock

Tom,

Yes, who did the work is a big deal, hopefully it was a GM shop that will warranty the work for the normal 12/12 (12 Months/12K Miles). The 96 Z28 that I traded in on my LT4 lost two bearing taking out a few rods and the crank, it cost $3,500 for the rebuild @ a GM shop, the work had the 12/12 which did make me feel a little more secure. It ran quite well after the rebuild.

Did u happen to see these per your other post? :upthumbs

a few more 96 Red LT4's!

43K Miles @ $17K

59.4K Miles @ $18K

Later,
6 Shooter

the seller says that the work was done by kearney automotive and the mill work was done by capital engine. i'm not sure is they're gm certified. the work came with a three year unlimited mile warrenty, but unfortunately it's not transferable.

checked out your other two posts. they're pretty sweet, but i'm kinda digging the silver collectors edition.

If they stand on a 3 year warranty that's much better than GM's 12/12, which speaks volumes about their quality of work.

Good Luck with the CE! :upthumbs

If the price is right buy it. Since it does not have an LT4, I would not pay LT4 price for it.
I myself would pass on it and look for a real LT4

CKA_Racing said:
If the price is right buy it. Since it does not have an LT4, I would not pay LT4 price for it.
I myself would pass on it and look for a real LT4

Since it does not have an LT4, I would not pay LT4 price for it.
Did I miss something here??

Also, the 43k link is a past chapter.

lt4 gs said:
Since it does not have an LT4, I would not pay LT4 price for it.
Did I miss something here??

Also, the 43k link is a past chapter.

Yes, you did. It has a LT1 short block. I may have confused this car with another post, but I don't think so.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom