Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LTPWS problems

Corvette
1996 Grand Sport #802
I just purchased a '96 Grand Sport. Shortly before he sold it, the last owner replaced the tires and now I'm getting the Check LTPWS warning light.
The owner never had a problem with this so obviously the tire place screwed something up.
Where do I start looking for problems and is there a way to determine which sensor has the problem? Inflation is correct on all tires, BTW.
Thanks! :)

LTPWS

I've also had numerous problems with LTPWS, after a year of reading and considering options, I ended up removing the fuse so the lights don't come on anymore.

Here's the story:
Battery died 2 yrs ago.
Replaced battery, Service LTPWS light comes on when car starts but goes out after driving .5-1 mile.
Lived with this condition, though considered resetting LTPWS codes using paperclip (couldn't bring myself to do it, didn't want to short something else out).
Got flat tire 1 month ago, Low Tire Pressure light came on (before I realized I had a problem - this was good).
Put spare tire on, took flat to shop for repair.
Put repaired tire back on, Service LTPWS light comes on when car starts but again goes off after driving .5-1 mile only THIS TIME, Low Tire Pressure light comes on and stays on despite the fact that all tires are inflated.
With only a couple of weeks of good driving weather left, I decided to do it without the false warning lights and removed the fuse.

Not the ideal situation. If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

I just purchased a '96 Grand Sport. Shortly before he sold it, the last owner replaced the tires and now I'm getting the Check LTPWS warning light.
The owner never had a problem with this so obviously the tire place screwed something up.
Where do I start looking for problems and is there a way to determine which sensor has the problem? Inflation is correct on all tires, BTW.
Thanks! :)

I had the same problem with my 1994 convertible. Tire pressure was correct. Took it in to tire shop, removed wheels, and the right rear sensor strap inside the tire had broken. Ordered new one from GM [cost is $350+] and dealer replaced. Works fine now. However, two months ago the DIC lit up with Low/Flat Tire warning. Took it into dealer and they found that the left front sensor was bad. Guess what - yep - GM is out of the front sensors for the C4, but still stock the rear sensors. They couldn't locate one anywhere. I finally ordered one from a used parts dealer in Houston. Costs about 40 per cent of original. If you replace a sensor, the GM part number is different for each wheel and each sensor is color coded with an attached label [4 different colors in case the part number wears off]. I needed the green one. If you find that you have a bad sensor, let's hope it is a rear one that is still available from GM. A GM dealer can read the code and tell you which sensor is malfunctioning.

I am curious, does pulling the fuse to the Low tire pressure light affect any of the other info in the DIC?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom