Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LTPWS sensor question

golfjpc

Corvette
2014 Premier Edition Lime Rock Green
I put new Firehawks on my 95 roadster today(nice tire!!). Unfortunately, when my right rear tire was broken down, the band that holds the sensor in place was broken. The sensor works fine - the band needs to be replaced. GM only sells the complete sensor package ($250+). All I need is the steel band to hold the sensor in place. Anyone ever have this experience? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks - Later, JPC

The last time I had this happen, the tire place was prepared and had extra bands handy to replace the broken one. No problem for me. Guess you could say that the owner knew how to take care of Corvette owners when his guys made a mistake in the break-down.

Otherwise, they would have been ordering a new sensor and band for me.

There seem to be several people here that have pulled their sensors out and tossed them. Maybe someone can send you one. Then they can send me the rest.

Good luck.

This is a simple one.....The brain surgeons at the tire shop busted the band on one of my sensors from my 90 a few years back. They offered to get the OEM part from Chevy, but couldn't get one for 3 days. Of course, that was wholly unacceptable!

Where I come from, farmers fix just about everything the MacGiver way. I sent the brain surgeons to a nearby farm implement store, where, among other things, they stock the biggest m*****f*****ing hose clamps you've ever seen. Something like $5 for one of those and I was back on the road....the sensor certainly didn't notice the difference!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom