Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LTPWS Which Wheel?

94LT1

Corvette
94LT1 Coupe
Firstly a happy new year to all at C.A.C. and a thank you for the great source of information and knowledge over the last year of membership.

Now, my Service LTPWS light has been coming on since the wheels have been rebalanced (and also band replaced on one of the wheel sensors at this time).
It's up on stands for the next few months so nows the time to put this right.
Q1 Can I find the u/s sensor by deflating each tyre in turn and the one which does'nt bring up the Low/Flat tyre light is the suspect one?
Q2 Going into the ECM is there a code for these sensors? (I've got the 16pin set-up and with the bridge between 4 & 12 all error codes are showing clear)
Q3 When in the tyre shop could the new band have been re-positioned where the sensor could not be read properly?

With thanks in advance,

94LT1

Q3 The sensor shud have been positioned opposite the valve stem.

Q1 I think in order to do that you would have to drive it. The sensors gain their power from piezo-electric transmitters which are activated by vibration.

Q2 Try grounding pin #5 to #6. The LTPWS light will flash the appropriate code.

What kind of a wheel set up on your car. Can you rotate tires? If you have larger in the rear, etc. , Then the sensors shud be in their original positions. If you have rotated your tires then they will be front to back. Your wheels shud have labels on them?? No 1, etc.

Info re; sensor color,
Orange rt. rear Low Tire DTC 23.
Wheel sensor DTC 24.
Wheel label no. 2
Yellow LT. rear low tire DTC 33
Wheel sensor DTC 34.
Wheel label no. 2.
Green Lt. front Low tire DTC 43
Wheel sensor DTC

Wheel label no.1
Blue Rt. front Low tire DTC 53.
Wheel sensor DTC 54.
Wheel label No. 1. :Steer

Rabbit

Your the man ;worship

I have code 24 flashing.
Thinking about trying the sensor repair as listed in a detailed article I have here on file. Have you tried this or would you go straight to buying a new sensor?

Thanks again,
94LT1 :w

I would take a crack at it. I saw a similiar article a while back & it looked pretty straight forward. By the time you get done you'll be an expert .:bar

Rabbit

Had the tyre taken off the rim and found inside the sensor the black power generating unit was adrift from the circuit board.
Made good and all back together now.

Thanks for your help :beer

94LTI :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom