Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

MAF relay

94conv.

Corvette
1994 red convertible
Wondering if a faulty MAF relay would cause an intermitent stall and stumble after the car has been driven for awhile shut off for a minimum of 30 minutes and restarted. Read that if the MAF is bad the computer may dump fuel into the engine.

I'm not 100% on this but I'm pretty sure a 94 does not have a MAF relay.

Yes, if the MAF was bad it could cause lots of running issues.
If you want to try something without spending a dime, unplug the MAF, with the key off. Car will run in open loop, CEL on, fans on, w/ no 02 sensors controlling fuel trim. Not saying this will fix or prove anything but if it is the MAF you suspect, take it out of the loop. Then drive it and see later if you still have your issue.

If your running so rich you notice with all the soot. I think you should start with having the fuel pressure re-checked. Just because something was ok last fall does not mean it is ok now. I've seen new parts fail out of box for crying out loud.

A systematic approach is the only way to diagnose an issue like this. Check fuel pressure ensure it is ok, then move on to other checks. Like seeing if the ECM is getting proper inputs during all operating conditions. This would involve a scan tool set to read/record live engine data.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom