Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

MagnaFlow Exhaust

69/99

Corvette
1969 coupe, 1999 convertible, 2018 Z06
I have been researching various exhaust systems for my 99 c5 and have recently come accross a system from MagnaFlow. I see that it has been recently posted for reviews by memebers, but as of now has no reviews yet. I went onto their web site and the system seems to be impressive, especially the billet aluminum name plate connector. I was wondering if there are any members out there that have installed this system and if they could share their experience with me regarding quality, sound, performance and price.

T

torchred

I am also considering a Magnaflow exhaust. Has anyone seen any reviews for this product or used one on their C5?

Matt

V

veldey

Magnaflow

There was an ariticle in the, I believe, June issue of either Vette or Corvette fever. The whole catback system, including the x pipe, added about 15-20 hp at the rear wheels from about 4000 to 6000 rpm. Also, the article said the sound was not louder, but a lower rumble at idle.

On the basis of the article I ordered the x-pipe and the cat backs. Found the workmanship to be excellent. High polished stainless. A friend has a rack (and knows a bunch more about installation than I know). We took off the stock system and installed the Magnaflow in about 2 hours. Everything fit just right, the system is tight and the exhaust tips level and centered.
I don't know what the hp increase is because I didn't do a before and after dyno test but my seat of the pants sensor says that I'm a little quicker in first and 2nd gear (I have an auto trannie). The sound is just right.

99Sebring Silver

Corvette
1999 Sebring Silver
Installed the MagnaFlow Exhaust and X pipe over the weekend in an A4 Coupe. As Veldey said install went very smoothly, fit & finish are great. System with X pipe is smooth but on the quite side. Only complaint is the resonance between 1000 rpms and 1500 rpms.

V

veldey

Magnaflow exhaust

99 Sebring Silver is right....re the interior resonance at 1000 to about 2000 rpm. Otherwise it is a fairly quiet system. According to the article the db's are actually less, at cruise, than the stock muffler. However, I have found that with mileage (I have about 500 miles on the new exhaust) the system is becoming louder with harder throttle. I'll have a chance to hear it at WOT this weekend in an autocross. And, am getting some burbbling when the foot is off the throttle. This is nit picking, however. I lilke the system and would really not want a louder exhaust for street driving. :pat

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom