Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

MAGNESIUM WHEEL PAINT REPAIR

jimmie jam

Corvette
2007 convertible A6, F55, 3LT, nav.
anyone successfully spray touch-up the rim/lip of mag wheels without painting the whole wheel. do they have clearcoat on them? thanks.

Yes they are clear coated.

I know some people have had their C4 wheels stripped, repaired then buffed/polished. They left the clear coat off the wheels and kept them looking good with some buff & polish TLC.

Later . . . . . .
6 Shooter

jimmie jam said:
anyone successfully spray touch-up the rim/lip of mag wheels without painting the whole wheel. do they have clearcoat on them? thanks.

You can get a touch up paint from Chevrolet parts dept.

If it's just the outside lip of the rim (those nasty curbs)... you can get some touch-up paint mixed and carefully paint by hand. A magnifying glass helps to be accurate. Your clear coat is gone where the wheel was worn.

Good luck!

jimmie jam said:
I had a auto paint store mix up some paint to match and had it put in their spray cans. After light sanding, paint, and then recoated the area with a auto clear you can not tell there was damage. I cant see where I made the repair anymore!

Debra Sue said:
I had a auto paint store mix up some paint to match and had it put in their spray cans. After light sanding, paint, and then recoated the area with a auto clear you can not tell there was damage. I cant see where I made the repair anymore!

can you give me the paint code for the color and clear, please? what about paint store name?

thanks for you help!

jimmie j.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom