Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Map lights

Norty,

The switch on the rear view mirror?

That does not shut it off.

They come on when the car is started and remain on until it is shut off. They then time out.

Can not find a way to control the on/off.

Bob

Norty,

The switch on the rear view mirror?

That does not shut it off.

They come on when the car is started and remain on until it is shut off. They then time out.

Can not find a way to control the on/off.

Bob
There is a dimmer switch on the dash. It is located left of the steering wheel. If you turn the knob, it'll dim/lighten the dash lights, hud image. You can push it in and it should turn off (or on) all the interior lights.

I don't remember if there's a DIC setting under "personal preferences" but I don't think so, come to think of it.

Is your stalk set to "auto" as far as headlights are concerned?

Let us know if you find the answer.:thumb

Thanks Norty,

The stalk is set to auto.

The dimmer switch turns but does not dim any lights nor the HUD. It will not push in to disengage. Sounds like a dreaded trip to the dealer.

Any other suggestions?

Bob

Sometime back, I noticed that my interior light were not going out (they do timeout) when I got out of the can. I found that I must of bumped the switch on the dash. After depressing the switch again, the lights went out. The switch is located on the dash, to the left of the steering column.

Hecox

I had the same problem on my 08 the second day I had the car home. It was the dimmer switch on the dash to the left of the steering column. It should push in to turn off or on, depending on the previous position, all the interior lights. This will override the DIC setting and the lights will stay on all the time.
Of course it took a call to the dealership to find this out, the owners manaual does not explain this function very well.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom