Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Max Speed on DIC

twiget

Corvette
In the market
So I was watching the DVD that came in my owners manual. At the beginning of the segment about personalizing the vehicle settings, they show the DIC and it is displaying the max speed at something like 153mph. Oddly enough though, they did not discuss how to get this display to show up, and it's not covered in the owner manual either. Anyone have any ideas if the max speed is buried in a setting somewhere?

Jason

Surely I'm not the only person who has watched their owners manual DVD. :W Anyone have any idea if/where one can find the max speed display on the DIC?

Jason

Jason,
The DVD that came with the owner's manual on my '06 certainly showed how to personalize settings on the DIC (look at my avatar,) but I don't recall anything about a maximum speed setting. I can certainly get it to show me 'average speed,' but I've never seen a maximum speed referenced.

HOLY CRAP!!!! A DVD came with the manual???!!! I guess I better stop driving and start reading and watching!! :W

HOLY CRAP!!!! A DVD came with the manual???!!! I guess I better stop driving and start reading and watching!! :W

Lol, you didnt miss much. The only reason I even looked at the DVD was because I had heard there was a cool video of a Z06 being put through it's paces. The DVD is over an hour long and I got bored with it after a while. The only thing I saw of interest was the "Max Speed" indicator, and apparently that is an easter egg that may or may not exist. :confused

Jason

I remember something about messing with the driver's window switch to show the top speed. If I remember correctly (which I doubt) you had to do the window switch with something else and that would give an analog speed of <100mph. To read a speed >100mph, there were other things to push/hold. I saw this info on a forum, so it has to be true! ;shrug

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom