Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Meguiars rocks

B

billybob

To whoever had the cool story about the meguiars waxing team, muchos.

I decided to go out and grab some of their products (not doing anything half-assed) I bought the following:

Cleaner wax
deep crystal system paint cleaner
deep crystal system polish
deep crystal system wax
and for that added extra measure the quik detailer

best 50$ I've spent in ages, so on with the story....

My poor little 75 Shark was suffering from neglect and abuse, her prvious owner swore by turtle wax (which would explain alot of things), she had gone to a nice off color orange (supposed to be red).

The hood was even in worse shape, the interior heat blanket was missing and after years of heat and sun the hood was almost pink, all covered in streaks and turtle wax buffer burns.

I started off on the hood, figuring if it could do anything for it I would post a nice advert for Meguiars.. well here I am.

I washed and dried the hood first, then working on a small corner near the drivers side window I applied the cleaner wax, and saw almost immediate results, swirls we fadded and red pink was not quite so pink, now at this stage in the game I was just excited as all heck, so out came the paint cleaner again working the same area I buffed it in and wiped clean... walla it was red.

Continued to working on the same area, applied the polish followed by the wax. I'm so damn happy with the results, all this after tryin moms california gold, (shudder) turtle, and a few others.

I was so excited I even got the wife to come out and admire the job (she wasnt as excited claimed it was still pink over there, pointing to the rest of the hood not yet done :) )

So before I head back out to finishes the hood off I again would like to thank the original individuals that recommended Meguiars.

Oh ya and seeing as how I dont own an orbital buffer this is all done by hand with love :)

Hope to get some before and after shots so you guys can fully appreciate the quality of the products.

Bill

I use Meguirs products on my car (except for the quick detail, mothers works better on my red). To get my car ready for Carlisle I washed it with dawn, yes the dish washing liquid, then clayed it, Meguirs polished it, then Meguirs Gold Class waxed it, hit it with final inspection, used Meguirs Tire Gel on the tires, Back to Black on the trim and splash guards, and when I got to the hotel I used IBIZ on it. Needless to say you could use my car as a mirror.

I have been a Mequiars user for several years. I have been so happy with the products that will never use anything else. Look forward to seeing the pics when you get finished.

82-guy,

Yup, twas you, loved the story and alos how impressed you were with the quality, as I am now.

I'll never let another brand touch my baby I'm sold on Meguiars, actually was thinking of sending them a letter with some photos.

Again thanks 82-Guy, like I said best 50$ I've spent in a long time.

;worship Meguiar's

Bill

Heres a before shot, best one that you can make out the pink swirl'd hood... as soon as i finish the hood I'll snap another photo

Bill

Spend another $50 on an orbital buffer and you will have more time to drink beer and enjoy the shine.

Go to the Maguire's site and they have a "form" to fill out that will assist you with deciding which of their products to use.

Bob

I use their Quik Detailer on my '96 everyday. My car has that showroom shine. It's a great product.

Man I'm getting old,

OK a couple of hours later and I'm done with the hood ( for now )

I thought my wife was going to kill me, she was yelling at me as I drove it up on the lawn, and All I could think of was that I wanted an elevation shot of the hood and the occasional I love you dear, and yes dear :eyerole

Heres the after Maguire's shot, I'm almost tempted to get a silly orbital buffer but, I dunno.. nothing like the loving touch.

Bill

Bill.

It looks great. I spent all day on a weekend doing mine getting ready for Sharkfest.

Trust me, I did my wife's car in an hour today with a $45 orbital from Pep Boys.

Best money I ever spent. Our old bones just don't need to be working that hard.

Bob

Bob,

Thanks, was hard work but I'm happy now.. no pink hood :)

I'm just worried about the burn in, this is 27 year old paint, sure it needs a new one, but I saw the after effects of orbital swirl on the hood.

I could probably be talked into one (my bodys sore now :) ) but the burn.... umm scares me

What speed how long etc.. these are things I dont know, have been hand waxing my cars for the last 25+ years

Bill

Yeah Meguire's rocks! That's the only brand in my garage...now and forever!

- Eric :w

Looks fantastic BillyBob!!!I swear by Meguirs wax also.

Dave

What a difference in your hood!! Now you need to finish that baby, LOL I remember reading Guy's story from Quebec and I also swear by Meguire's.:upthumbs

At least now, I wont have people asking me why my hood is pink :)

Anyone else besides myself into hand waxing?? or am I the lone wolf here?

As for doing the rest of that car... 2 + hours on the hood alone.. ack, definately an all weekend job, should try and enlist the services of my wife, for something other than moral support :D

Bill

I hand wax Rare, I use Klasse' Car Products, BUT if someone wanted to do a complete Meguirs Wax job on ole Rare (original Laq. paint) I'd supply the refeshments and watch :D

BudD
:bu

Rare81,

Good to see another hand waxer out there, was thinking I was alone, and sure no problems.. bring it by and I'll wax it up for ya good :)

Shouldnt be more than oh .... 3000 miles give er take a couple of hundred :crazy

Bill

Anyone else besides myself into hand waxing??

Yup!!

:w

I understand that the Orbital is the safe machine to use. Something to do with the way the orbital was two axis; spining the pad in a circle and the mechanism the pad is on on an elliptical orbit. The rotary are the ones that are supposed to burn your paint brcause they only spin the and can create greater heat and friction.

Bob

Looks great Bill! What a difference!

I use the orbital and it only takes about 30 minutes. You can hold and stop the orbital with your hand and it won't burn the paint. One of our new CAC members TJ 82 Vette (Tom) came over to the house Saturday with heavy oxidation on the bumpers of his Dark Claret 82 (they were almost white). The Meguiars with the orbital made Tom's bumpers come back to life. They look 100% better, but they still need some more work. At least Tom has an answer and the bumpers are looking great.

:w
Guy

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom