Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Message in DIC

Chrisr

Corvette
'07 Monterey Red/Cashmere Vert
Last night I took the car for a nice little ride. I drove about 10-12 miles, and stopped for about 1/2 an hour. I got back in the car, started it up, drove about 500 feet and I noticed the following message in the DIC:

"Active handling warming up" then about 10 seconds later, "Warmed Up".

I've had the car 6 months and this is the first message I've gotten.

The car ran fine and there was nothing noticably wrong with anything.

My question is this, is this something normal that happens every so often, or is it something to bee looked into further???

Chris

normal ops - nothing to worry about

Chrisr said:
Last night I took the car for a nice little ride. I drove about 10-12 miles, and stopped for about 1/2 an hour. I got back in the car, started it up, drove about 500 feet and I noticed the following message in the DIC:

"Active handling warming up" then about 10 seconds later, "Warmed Up".

I've had the car 6 months and this is the first message I've gotten.

The car ran fine and there was nothing noticably wrong with anything.

My question is this, is this something normal that happens every so often, or is it something to bee looked into further???

Chris

That is normal. I have read about this on several threads. I think it has to do with an internal calibration, and has nothing to do with "warming up". I believe it wants to know when the steering wheel is straight, for one thing. Mine does that every few weeks or so.

I have an '01 six speed coupe with <16k miles and I have had that message several times since I've owned the car (1 1/2 years). It is alarming, but no problem!
Dave

Since it was the first message I've gotten, it was alarming at first. I figured my first message would have been low tire pressure or something simple like that. But the more I thought about, I figured it was just letting me know the active handling was going thru a self test or something like that.

I feel much better after posting my questions and getting the replies that I did. I knew I could count on my CAC buddies!!! :beer

Chrisr said:
Since it was the first message I've gotten, it was alarming at first. I figured my first message would have been low tire pressure or something simple like that. But the more I thought about, I figured it was just letting me know the active handling was going thru a self test or something like that.

I feel much better after posting my questions and getting the replies that I did. I knew I could count on my CAC buddies!!! :beer
Hi Chrisr -

Yup - I had 15k miles on my Z before I ever saw that message, and I have only seen it a couple of times in 38k miles.

I saw it leaving work one day and it was 100 degrees outside, so I guess it must be a calibration - certainly not low temps.....

I have never seen it on our 99.

best regards -

mqqn

Last week I got a message on the DIC. "Earth warming up - check ozone".

Remo:cool

mqqn said:
Hi Chrisr -

Yup - I had 15k miles on my Z before I ever saw that message, and I have only seen it a couple of times in 38k miles.

I saw it leaving work one day and it was 100 degrees outside, so I guess it must be a calibration - certainly not low temps.....

I have never seen it on our 99.

best regards -

mqqn

Ya know mqqn, it was quite warm and humid that night. I wonder if that had anything to do with it???

Last week I got a message on the DIC. "Earth warming up - check ozone".

Remo
:cool

Remo, after the past couple of weeks here in New Jersey, I'm surprised I didn't get that message too!!!! :ugh

Chrisr- I'll bet it was just after cranking up, during a slow, very tight turn?

MsSchroder said:
Chrisr- I'll bet it was just after cranking up, during a slow, very tight turn?

Actually Tammy, your correct!!! Were you there??? LOL!!

I had just started the car, drove straight for about 75-100 feet, stopped and made a right hand turn (normal turn, not tight), then the message popped up.

Do you know something some of the rest of us don't????

Chrisr said:
Actually Tammy, your correct!!! Were you there??? LOL!!

I had just started the car, drove straight for about 75-100 feet, stopped and made a right hand turn (normal turn, not tight), then the message popped up.

Do you know something some of the rest of us don't????

I tell my kids: "I know everything. I see everything. I have eyes in the back of my head." :D

Actually, that seems to be the common demoninator with people who experience the message. I've gotten it once or twice myself. Luckily, I've never gotten the Self Destruct Sequence :L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom