Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Micro fiber or cotton?

PeterG

Corvette
2007 black coupe, NCM Lifetime Member
After checking the Care Car section, I'm posting this question here because it is straightforward and brief answers come from many with experience.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Is it better to use micro fiber or all white cotton towels to wash and dry?

Thanks.

!00% imported cotton is not 100% cotton.Cannon (now defunk) made 100% cotton. Also diapers ,older ones from the 60's we're 100%cotton. I think your best bet is to go micro.My stock of natural cotton stuff is getting thin.

!00% imported cotton is not 100% cotton.Cannon (now defunk) made 100% cotton. Also diapers ,older ones from the 60's we're 100%cotton. I think your best bet is to go micro.My stock of natural cotton stuff is getting thin.
I have to agree with vett boy!!! I started using Micro Fiber and the job just Looks Nicer when it's done!!!!!:upthumbs

Does it matter that the micro fiber towels I just bought were made in China?
Of course where else could they be made? Certainly not France ! ;LOL

I have learned as the others have that 100% cotton only means that to a US manufacturer. I have gone to all microfiber but would only buy from a car care company like MeGuiars, Mothers, Adams to make sure that I got "100% microfiber" that was appropriate for the job.

I truly belive it makes a difference. I never could work out all the little defects and then they would increase. I don't see that problem since all microfiber.

I think we all agree microfiber is better, with the cost of paint these days it would seem pennywise and pound foolish not to use all microfiber.

Microfiber is good, and I prefer it, but if you must have cotton these are the very best:

www.dftowel.com

Made in the US, 100% cotton, awesome. I use them for wax removal. For drying the car I find microfiber superior because it wrings out drier. The best prices on the best microfiber I've found is at:

www.chemicalguys.com

Micro fiber woould seem to be better with a smother surface and the ability to hold the dirt deeper in the fabric until you rinse it out.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom