Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Mid America Motorworks, Effingham, IL

02VetteCoupe

Corvette
2002 Red Coupe (Intake/Exhaust)
I went to Mid America Motorworks last week. Not sure if any of you have been there, but they have a Corvette museum there, it's actually pretty awesome. Especially if you appreciate the car's history. Mike Yager owns the original CERV I, and multiple other prototypes, specifically the predecessors to our babies... The CERV IV b (the original C5 test platform that was made with money the Corvette team used without GM's permission), as well as an original C5 Alpha test car, and a Beta car too (all straight from GM). They have the last C5 Z06, last C4, a 1964 Z06, 1 of 6 1988 Callaway Twin Turbos with a 35th Anniversary package. They also had some other race cars and one of a kind movie cars. If you really appreciate Corvette history, it would be cool to check out.

They have the (judged) most near-perfect unrestored 1954 model... With barely over 3,000 miles...

WOW - Your kinda new around here... :rotfl

Later . . . . . .
6 Shooter

Yeah, new to the forum, not new to Corvettes though. I'm 22 and I'm on my second Vette. First I had a 92. I was 18 when I bought it. I have been here since January and just started using it recently.

The last two summers we (Corvette Action Center) had our annual CruiseFest at MAM. It is a great place to have a get together. You are right, they have great museum with many great cars.

Yeah, new to the forum, not new to Corvettes though. I'm 22 and I'm on my second Vette. First I had a 92. I was 18 when I bought it. I have been here since January and just started using it recently.

Congrats to your second! However reson on having your second is not specified whether or not it was due to an accident :chuckle. Anyways, join CAC for the cruisefest, and at 22, still much to learn! Enjoy the Vette.

PS: stick with the C4!

Congrats to your second! However reson on having your second is not specified whether or not it was due to an accident :chuckle. Anyways, join CAC for the cruisefest, and at 22, still much to learn! Enjoy the Vette.

PS: stick with the C4!

Definitely not due to an accident lol. Traded it in about 13 months after buying, dumb idea, but I'm much happier with the C5. This was the reason I know what a Corvette is. (I was only 8 when the C5 came out in 1997 lol, I had the Hot Wheels 97 Vette lmao) My obsession grew alot.

Definitely not due to an accident lol. Traded it in about 13 months after buying, dumb idea, but I'm much happier with the C5. This was the reason I know what a Corvette is. (I was only 8 when the C5 came out in 1997 lol, I had the Hot Wheels 97 Vette lmao) My obsession grew alot.

Didn't trade Vette for Vette. Just traded it in, bought this almost 2 years after trade in.

Didn't trade Vette for Vette. Just traded it in, bought this almost 2 years after trade in.

Nice, I'm surprised you didnt like the C4 more, most drivers do.

Nice, I'm surprised you didnt like the C4 more, most drivers do.

Yeah, I loved the C4 alot. I love all Vettes equally, with a bias toward mine, obviously a sentimental thing. I'll never forget my first lol ;) I loved the wipers thatt went the opposite way, the clamshell, the true 350 (although the LS1 is much better). I just enjoy the better performance and ride quality and I loved the C4 interior, hate the C6 interior, the C5 is pretty nice looking... The newer they get, the interiors get worse, but they get more expensive. I'd choose a C5 any day over a C6.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom