Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Mike Yager, Top collector, and a Callaway Owner as well!

*89x2*

Mike Yager of Mid America Motorworks named as one of the TOP Collectors of automobiles - With a 300 mile 1988 Callaway Twin Turbo 35th Anniv. coupe in his collection, he has recognized the significance of our beloved Callaways by including one of the finest in his garage :cool

CallawayWeb.jpg

1988 Corvette 35th Anniversary Edition Coupe
Production: 2050; 1988 Total Production: 15,382 Coupes; 7407 Convertibles

1988 marked the 35th anniversary of Corvette. A 35th anniversary edition package was available for coupes only. It featured a two-tone exterior of white with black roof bow, white leather seats, white steering wheel, white wheels, special interior and exterior accents, a console mounted anniversary plaque, and special emblems. With only 212 original miles on its odometer, this twin turbo Callaway Corvette is extremely rare. It is the only 35th anniversary twin turbo manual transmission Corvette that still exists today. In 1988, you could have had this car for a window sticker price of $61,495.00!

For Immediate Release

Mike Yager Named One of Top 50 North American Car Collectors of 2006

Mid America Motorworks chief cheerleader and founder, Mike Yager was recently named by Keith Martin’s Sports Car Market Magazine as one of the top 50 North American Car Collectors of 2006. Yager joins such notable collectors as Jay Leno, Jerry Seinefeld, Charles Cauley, Richie Clyne, Miles Collier, Keith Crain, Lee Herrington, Ralph Lauren, JW Marriott, JR., Rob Walton, and Don Williams, among others.

The Top 50 members were included “not based solely on size or value of collections, but on passion for and contribution to the car collecting hobby” according to Sports Car Market Magazine. Those chosen have “raised the profile of the collector car hobby, supported and participated in concours and shows, or made it a better, safer or more fulfilling pursuit for the rest of us.” The article appeared in the February 2007 issue.

Says Mike Yager, “I am very proud and honored to be included with such an esteemed group of collectors for whom I have the greatest respect for what they contribute to the collector car hobby. Much of the pleasure I receive in collecting cars is sharing my knowledge and passion for Corvette and Air-cooled VW with others”.

Enthusiasts can view, at no charge, Mike Yager’s unique Corvette and Air-cooled VW collection at the MY Garage Museum & Retail Store located at Mid America Motorworks, Inc. corporate campus in Effingham, IL or view the MY Garage collection on-line at www.mamotorworks.com/mygarage

Sports Car Market Magazine is published monthly by Keith Martin, and is located in Portland, Oregon.
Mid America Motorworks offers quality parts and accessories for 1953-2007 Corvette and Air-Cooled VW enthusiasts. For more information on Mid America Motorworks, or to request a free catalog, please call toll-free 800-500-1500 or shop www.mamotorworks.com.
# # #

Which ones came with the white Dymags? Was that something that the owners did at a later date. I have seen one with the white ones. I thought it look good painted white. I purchased a new 35th in May of 88, Then in Sept. I saw an 88 Callaway and I purchased that. I had to decide which one to keep. I know I made the right choice. It's been almost 19 years of injoyment.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom