Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Mods for 85 vette!

nelson84

Corvette
84 Z51 two tone bronze coupe 85 black on black
I have the following:

cut lid
K&N
air pump replacement pulley
hypertech chip
160 stat
Air temp sensor relocated
air foil:chuckle
removed cat
3" B&B cat back

I have a vortec intake & SR on a shelf.

Thinking on getting vortec heads, 58mm TB, and some kind of a cam. Which cam?

Or sell the SR and get large tube runners and a ZZ9 cam and vortec heads and a 52mm TB.

Which should I do? And any other suggestions?

Depends on what cam you want to play in, or say what torque rpm you rather play in?

You can buy a bottom to mid bump stick. You an install a mid to top end cam. It depends on what you want to do. You can take an all out full lift cam and there is no bottom or mid... Just top end only.

Too much runner and you might heat the air up. Short runners keep the air cooler so you have more air to fire what you can.

You can mess with the valve adjustment and move some air in say, a weaker cylinder. Keep the exhaust closed and make that hot air move more velocity before the 14.7 kicks in.

Too much TB is as bad as too little. So, you might find the 85mm is too much for the low to mid cam. You need to do a lot of matching that fuel trim and all that is engine tuning.

I used to have a black '85... One very noticeable mod I did was put a set of Richmond gears in the back. However, it's hard to beat the gurgling sound of a heavy cam though :thumb

Which gears did you put in it 3.73?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom