Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

More miles in one day, than all year - aka, cruising w/ 150 other Vettes

*89x2*

Took the new one out on a cruise on some of Virginia's finest roads - over 250 miles yeasterday, maybe close to 300 :eek

Met up w/ Turbo Joe (Magic Dragon) and his lovely wife, who promptly found herself sitting behind the wheel asking, :where are the key's" ;)

The Callaway Twin Turbo Corvette is one of the most amazing cars I have ever driven and while these pics were shotby others duringthe cruise, they illustrate the kind of roads we took :cool

With the Coil over shocks/fx3 Z51 suspension, the car rode nice and tight - hitting boost leaving a corner was amazing, simply amazing ...this is what I have been missing :upthumbs

It was funny that at dinner, someone said, I put more miles in one day (on that car) than I did w/ "Big Red" all last year :ugh

Enjoy! :lou

SkylineCruise008.jpg

SkylineCruise009.jpg

IMG_1186.jpg

SkylineCruise044.jpg

SkylineCruise085.jpg

SkylineCruise057.jpg

>>>> off to the very right in this pic (by Eb Vette) >>>>>>

w10.jpg

w15.jpg

89x2 is the new car your first TT? I see you have 2 other 89's and the 93 Snat.

MoeJr said:
89x2 is the new car your first TT? I see you have 2 other 89's and the 93 Snat.

Moe, Nope, the red one in my
<<---- picture is also a Twin Turbo however, I must confess, that car has seen more trailer miles than road miles - it was refreshing to finally drive one without consequences for adding miles - this one just turned 30k mi yesterday :cool

That was a lot of fun! It was great to see everyone and their wonderful rides. The views were awesome. Chris your new TT sounds great, and has the looks to boot! :upthumbs

Great picts of the two Turbos next to each other! I guess I was offput by the early hour, the chance of it being wet, and all those picts of cars parked in the grass (no way!)... :)

I spent the day under my hood instead doing the LT5 plenum pull.

Aurora - glad you liked the pics :cool

Magic Dragon - it was very nice to see you and your wife on Sat! Man, it was COLD though!!! :eek

Had so much fun w/ the car, I took it out again today - Power is brutal and the car searches for traction - it is amazing :upthumbs

In some ways, it reminds me of the 383 stroker motor I had in my Trans Am - roll on the throttle and the tail starts to kick a bit - witht he turbos kicking in right when logic says to back off, obviously things are more fun under pressure ;)

SuperNat (my Wife) confessed to me the car is way too fast for her and asked that I please stop bringing her home cars (for me;) ) ...unless it is a Range Rover or a C12 - she said she'd learn to drive one of those :lou

Here are a few pics from the park today - in the one w/ the deer, a fella stopped and said I had a nice car - then asked if he thought it was a good idea to bow hunt, or something like that... :ugh

Chris,

Your new toy has cleaned up very nicely! Love the car's stance too! Looks intimidating.:cool

Also, glad to hear that you now have a TT that you can drive and enjoy without concerning yourself with the mounting mileage. Feels great doesn't it?:_rock

Still waiting on some dyno numbers from that beast...:bu

Congratulations,
Justin

P.S. I know this doesn't belong in this post, but there is a 1995 Corvette for sale with Callaway COILover suspension on it (~$1K-$2K, depending on whether or not the car has FX3). It's got 78K miles and six-speed transmission all for $11.9K. Pretty nice deal even for a base suspension 95. Heres the link. Hope this suspension ends up on a Callaway car where it belongs.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom