Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

My '67 BB Hood, Courtesy of Disco Stu at Carlisle

Kid_Again

Corvette
65 SB Roadster, 66 BB Coupe
Yes indeedy, I bought this gem for $300 from Disco Stu. Damn, I heard KC and The Sunshine Band in my head for DAYS!!!!:hb

Now I come to find out that Stepinwolf had a really decent hood for sale for a few bucks more. If I woulda' known:duh

Now that I stripped it, it's a 63/64 hood that had a stinger glassed onto the top. The good news is that I have really good bracing underneath. The bad news is I got a LOT of blocking to do:W

I'd like to see the whole car it came off of. :D

Have fun, Kid. :upthumbs

I'd like to see the whole car it came off of. :D

Have fun, Kid. :upthumbs

...yeah, that's for sure....since this is so over the top and unique, i'd be real interested if anybody can recollect (or have pictures of) the car that it came from

....while i was pushing the hood out the entrance on my cart, i kept telling anyone who would listen that i'm going to paint the car to match:rotfl

...yeah, that's for sure....since this is so over the top and unique, i'd be real interested if anybody can recollect (or have pictures of) the car that it came from

....while i was pushing the hood out the entrance on my cart, i kept telling anyone who would listen that i'm going to paint the car to match:rotfl

Email Stepinwolf and see if he has any deals left on the BB hoods. The one at Carlisle was sweet.

OK, good advice but I think I'm done with hoods. IF I woulda' known! My other buddy sourced that hood but I didn't know it was Stepnwolf!!!

BTW, just wrapping up and will call you on my way downa shore.

In the car is a box from SummitJEGS with a new hydraulic cam (with virtually identical specs to my existing solid flat tappet cam) for the sb, new 1.6/1.5 rr's and a bunch of other goodies. I basically said fukit, I didn't like the way my engine was rebuilt, back then I didn't know enough and this time i'm doing it MY way.

I need to have it done for your show.

will call u

OK, good advice but I think I'm done with hoods. IF I woulda' known! My other buddy sourced that hood but I didn't know it was Stepnwolf!!!

BTW, just wrapping up and will call you on my way downa shore.

In the car is a box from SummitJEGS with a new hydraulic cam (with virtually identical specs to my existing solid flat tappet cam) for the sb, new 1.6/1.5 rr's and a bunch of other goodies. I basically said fukit, I didn't like the way my engine was rebuilt, back then I didn't know enough and this time i'm doing it MY way.

I need to have it done for your show.

will call u

Oh Boy... here we go....:D

bc.gif

.....lesse here, which end of the cam is up?

if i break it in half, do i have a double cammer?

Are you sure you want to do this two weeks before the show..???;help

If you hold both the old one and the new one over your head, you'll have double overhead cams. ;LOL

John... You have sunk to a new "PUN" low....;LOL

Ha ha ha

If you hold both the old one and the new one over your head, you'll have double overhead cams. ;LOL

You guys crack me up. ;LOL:boogie

I love this place. Happy Friday, everyone!

p.s. 4 weekends before deployment to Antarctica. Gotta get some miles on the 'Vette before I go...

Rick
:gap

Darn...wish I woulda' seen JohnZ's post before I started this thing....would'a loved to take that picture.....

Mark...it's a bit late for me to turn back now since i just installed the new cam tonight....now to put EVERYTHING back together:eek:hnoes

Darn...wish I woulda' seen JohnZ's post before I started this thing....would'a loved to take that picture.....

Mark...it's a bit late for me to turn back now since i just installed the new cam tonight....now to put EVERYTHING back together:eek:hnoes

Called you early Sunday about 9:am... No answer. I picked up a bug at work Friday :pukeand I'm spraying germs when I sneez. Called out from work today..might do the same Tuesday.;help

Talk to you this week.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom