Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

My alarm just went off. Again

Spiderman

Corvette
Gorgeous White '91 Coupe
For the second time now my alarm has been set off without provocation. Just happened about ten minutes ago and last saturday afternoon while I was at work.

What's the deal?

Spiderman :w :_rock

So I was at a stoplight and A Viper pulled along side. We shared a glance, waited for the light and went for it. Engines revved, tires squealed, rearends fish-tailed and I almost lost control but diligently held it together. He stalled. Blew his motor and I laughed all the way home. The Vette ran flawlessly. Then a few days later I was at home getting ready to watch the basketball game and my alarm went off without provocation. Any suggestions.

Ok sorry, most of that didn't happen accept for the alarm part. Thought I would spice it up a little to see if I could get some responses. :D

Spiderman :w :_rock

Spiderman, Your spinning a wild tale there!

I would suggest you check your door ajar switches. Thats the best place to start, easiest to access. Sometimes they stick
& cause problems such as yours.

1st - Is it a stock alarm?

2nd - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Viper BLEW His motor?!?! HAHAHA

:J :J :J :J :J

Thanks for the info. I'll start with the door switches.

BigRed, It is the stock alram system.

Don't forget to check the rear hatch sensor too! I had this same problem with my 93', the sensor just needed to be adjusted. Good luck!

Eric

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom